Misses thread 2017

Barry Duggan

I'm all in. Tip-o-the day...don't allow your string to bend around your stand rail on the bottom portion of your bow, or you will shoot high.

Clipper

His guardian angel must have deflected my arrow

Shot over a forkhorn in the Cohuttas Thursday morning. Arrow looked just like it hit a limb and deflected upwards, but no limbs nearby. This was a 7 yard shot - how did I miss that close :huh:. Do deer have guardian angels :confused:.

bam_bam

Well it has been a eventful last two days. I'll start with yesterday morning. I climb in the ladder stand just before you could see without a light and I knock a arrow and hang it on my bow hanger then I sit and begin to put my gloves and head net on. I heard a noise looked down and a small buck was spitting distance from me. He spooked as I was getting the bow off the hanger. Fast forward a hour or so and 4 does come in and I set my sights on the biggest one. After waiting, the biggest doe turn offering me a perfect broadside shot.....I draw pick my spot and drop the string and the Arrow falls shorts and passed right under the deer. If the deer had duck it would have dropped right into the boiler room. little while later there was a squirrel right where the deer was standing so I draw and nail the squirrel.....Makes no sense how I can miss a 100 plus pound deer and nail a squirrel the size of a solo cup.

So I am back at it today different spot same land. I had a group of deer come in from behind me. I draw and shoot under the first doe (10-12 yards) nock another arrow and shoot again at the second deer that was standing there and sent a arrow right under her too. climb down collect my arrows and go home. all Ii can do is just shake my head and laugh about it. still trying to figure out why I keep shooting low.

dpoole

Right over her back

humdandy

Banned
Missed the same doe twice.....right over her back.....

Zipper bow is so quiet she didn't even know I shot at her...

Could have tried a third shot.......but only carry 2 arrows and broadheads.....

Pointpuller

checking in..........8yd. broadside. Doe. Got excited haha. Didnt pick a spot and shot right over back. I love it and don't even get mad when I miss anymore. This traditional thing is just what I needed to bring back the excitement. When it comes together there is nothing like it.

oldfella1962

checking in..........8yd. broadside. Doe. Got excited haha. Didnt pick a spot and shot right over back. I love it and don't even get mad when I miss anymore. This traditional thing is just what I needed to bring back the excitement. When it comes together there is nothing like it.

8 yard miss? Wow I would have a hard time shaking that off. But true that is the kind of fun that gun-only hunters have a hard time wrapping their heads around.

Stump Shooter

Did not shoot a arrow at a deer last year and have had 3 inside 15yards without a shot this year. I have been hunting with my Hill Bow and wood arrows trying to get a deer with this set up. Was finally able to get a 15 yard shot this evening and shot a good 2 foot over a spikes back. Gotta be the worst miss I have ever made. Did he drop? Nope pretty much saw the whole thing in slow mo, just stood there and looked at me until the arrow hit behind him. His brother was with him and walked in on my left 3 steps from the tree before the missed, came straight in. A miss is a miss and I know at this time of the year this thread should be on more than just the second page, some folks need to man up.

Allen Oliver

Did not shoot a arrow at a deer last year and have had 3 inside 15yards without a shot this year. I have been hunting with my Hill Bow and wood arrows trying to get a deer with this set up. Was finally able to get a 15 yard shot this evening and shot a good 2 foot over a spikes back. Gotta be the worst miss I have ever made. Did he drop? Nope pretty much saw the whole thing in slow mo, just stood there and looked at me until the arrow hit behind him. His brother was with him and walked in on my left 3 steps from the tree before the missed, came straight in. A miss is a miss and I know at this time of the year this thread should be on more than just the second page, some folks need to man up.
Okay I will be the first missed a doe at Dendys. 12 yards right over her back on Nov 4th.

Last edited:

Pointpuller

Missed a good mature 8pt at 15 yds Sunday morning. Walked through my shooting hole before I hit my anchor point. I followed him for another few steps at full draw and as he came in to the next hole I turned it lose. Shot just in front of his chest. Should have held another 1/2 second and I would have liked the results.

charlie 2 arrow

Missed low on a big doe at horse Creek this past weekend. . Maybe I'll figure this thing out one day!

charlie 2 arrow

Missed low on a big doe at horse Creek this past weekend. . Maybe I'll figure this thing out one day!