hunting lease liability release form

sweatequity

I have been searching properties on the tax accessors website and then writing an offer letter to lease their property. I am batting 0% so far but its only a matter of time before someone says Yes.(faith)

I am looking for some type of "liability release" form that I could give the property owner. Some type of legal document that will release all liability in the event of an accident or death.
Anyone on here can email me an example or provide a link to print one?

Any info to share? Thank you!

cookie1969

This is might help but is only a piece of the entire law. Maybe you will get a chance to look it up and read the entire law.
Georgia Recreational Use Statute
OFFICIAL CODE OF GEORGIA ANNOTATED
TITLE 51: TORTS
CHAPTER 3: LIABILITY OF OWNERS AND OCCUPIERS OF LAND
ARTICLE 2: OWNERS OF PROPERTY USED FOR RECREATIONAL PURPOSES
§51-3-20. Purpose of article
The purpose of this article is to encourage owners of land to make land and water areas available to the public for recreational purposes by limiting the owners' liability toward persons entering thereon for recreational purposes.
HISTORY: Ga. L. 1965, p. 476, s 1.
§51-3-21. Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Charge" means the admission price or fee asked in return for invitation or permission to enter or go upon the land.
(2) "Land" means land, roads, water, watercourses, private ways and buildings, structures, and machinery or equipment when attached to the realty.
(3) "Owner" means the possessor of a fee interest, a tenant, a lessee, an occupant, or a person in control of the premises.
(4) "Recreational purpose" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following or any combination thereof: hunting, fishing, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, pleasure driving, nature study, water skiing, winter sports, and viewing or enjoying historical, archeological, scenic, or scientific sites.
HISTORY: Ga. L. 1965, p. 476, s 2...

across the river

The state of Georgia has the landowners protection act that protects landowners from civil claims. You could also offer to purchase additional "hunting club insurance."

rance56

If I found a good place I would just buy a Hunting insurance policy. Only cost a couple hundred bucks an provides a huge piece of mind to landowner

redwards

PM your email address to me and I'll email you a copy of what I have been using for 5 years now.

rstallings1979

This has been talked about before...leasing out property is accepting money and making a profit on a person or persons. That changes the scope of everything when it comes to liability. If I leased my farm to you and I had a bridge built across a creek that was in horrible shape and I failed to mention to you/the group that the bridge was in horrible shape or I failed to tear it down and your child decides to walk across the bridge. He falls in and drowns then I still could be held liable as I was negligent in allowing the bridge to fall in disrepair while leasing the land out to others and making a profit. The Georgia Law above protects the landowner more so if I allow someone to access to my property free of charge. Once the landowner charges money the game changes from the cases I have seen. It totally depends on the circumstance of course. If a hunter falls out of tree stand there is no negligence against the landowner unless that was the landowner's tree stand and it was evident the landowner allowed the tree stand to become faulty.