Brooks Co. Withlacoochee River Buck

godogs57

Thanks Hank :) I would love to see pictures of the 8 pt. you got yesterday!

Here you go Debbie...he was a long, thick, big bodied, big headed old buck. Rack is in the mid 130's. He ended up closer to 270# than 275# on the scales.

2015%20Buck.jpg

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Here you go Debbie...he was a long, thick, big bodied, big headed old buck. Rack is in the mid 130's. He ended up closer to 270# than 275# on the scales.

2015%20Buck.jpg

Awesome 8 pt. Hank! :cheers: Look at the size of those feet :eek:

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice. Congrats. Way to keep the tradition alive.

fixin2

Nice buck, just wondering if you shot it with a 243 100 gr. Partition? I handloaded some for a friend from work that were going to someone up by Brooks County. My friend texted me those same pic's I think. If you're the lady they were going to I hope they shoot well for you. I took my time and made sure they were right. Congratulations again on a nice buck.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Nice buck, just wondering if you shot it with a 243 100 gr. Partition? I handloaded some for a friend from work that were going to someone up by Brooks County. My friend texted me those same pic's I think. If you're the lady they were going to I hope they shoot well for you. I took my time and made sure they were right. Congratulations again on a nice buck.

Yes, I would be that same lady from Brooks County. I have been using the Federal Premium Vital-Shok Nosler Partition 100 grain for 5 or 6 years now... love the ammo, hate the 45.00 per box. I had a few of them left so haven't tried the handloads yet but I will definitely be using them next year. Thank you for the handloads too! :)

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That is good stuff right there!! Congrats on a Beast of a deer:cool:

herb mcclure

Brooks Co Willllahcoochee River Buck

Miss. Debbie;
What a great buck to congratulate you for taking. But, I congratulate you more-so, for your hunting skills. Persistent hunting and patients, like an old gobbler has, will get the job done; when all else fails.
herb mcclure

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Miss. Debbie;
What a great buck to congratulate you for taking. But, I congratulate you more-so, for your hunting skills. Persistent hunting and patients, like an old gobbler has, will get the job done; when all else fails.
herb mcclure

Thank you for the compliment Mr. Herb :)

Dbritt28

Nice buck! Iï¸� know this post is a couple years old. Iï¸� have been hunting on the Brooks county line south of 84 on the withlacoochee river my whole life. It’s cool to see hunters posting pictures of deer close to you

godogs57

How'd your season go this year Debbie, since they resurrected this thread??

I was blessed beyond my wildest imagination with this year's critters. Haven't posted pics yet though.

Back40hunter

Congrats. Patients in the deer woods not only pays off sometimes, but you also get to enjoy being out there. It’s a bonus when you get a giant like this one.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
How'd your season go this year Debbie, since they resurrected this thread??

I was blessed beyond my wildest imagination with this year's critters. Haven't posted pics yet though.

I'm just seeing this Hank... 2016 and 2017 were both very different for me.

I hunted very little at home in 2016, spending most of my time as the first year ever being a member of a club. I loved the camaraderie of the hunt camp, even more so sharing it with my two brothers. I learned a valuable lesson too. Leaving home to hunt lets you put all of your troubles behind you and gives you the freedom to hunt to your hearts content. I rattled in a beautiful 8 pt. at the club in 2016 but the real highlights were the memories made hunting and sharing camp with family.

In 2017 once again I spent very little time hunting at home and spent most of my time hunting out of state in Illinois. I didn't score in Illinois but the beast I was hunting will forever haunt my dreams. I did shoot a nice 8 point at home before leaving for Illinois :)

I'd love to see some pictures of your 2017 season!

Attachments

• Debbiebuck3.jpg
    Debbiebuck3.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Debbiebuck2.jpg
    Debbiebuck2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Debbiebuck4.jpg
    Debbiebuck4.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Debbiebuck1.jpg
    Debbiebuck1.jpg