Elbert Co.

hunt6x6elk1

I will, persimmons and muscadines are loaded down and the t'storm last week blew down limbs loaded with acorns from the red oaks, don't know about the white ones but bet with the rains and the mild last winter that they will do well also.

tcward

Saw a ton of red oak acorns on the ground yesterday. They were green. I guess wind from storms have blown them on the ground.

jbemory

I'll be there! Can't wait for the season to open. This will be my sixth year hunting in Elbert Co. Persimons are heavy with fruit, white oaks look thick too. Nothing hitting the ground yet.

Buford_Dawg

33 years in Elbert for me...

Lord, I am getting old. We killed lots of deer, some nice bucks and had lots of fun up there. Both my sons killed their first deer in Elbert and since have harvested many more, including some nice ones. See my Avatar, that is my 12 year olds first buck and it was a good one. Now gracing his bedroom wall.

tcward

Lord, I am getting old. We killed lots of deer, some nice bucks and had lots of fun up there. Both my sons killed their first deer in Elbert and since have harvested many more, including some nice ones. See my Avatar, that is my 12 year olds first buck and it was a good one. Now gracing his bedroom wall.

Great deer!

gabowman

Lived here for 55 years and have hunted here almost that long. I'll poke around in the woods some here.

PappyHoel

Killed my first deer in Elbert county, late 80's. We used to be on a club right on lake Russell. If I remember correctly it was about 550 acres. I remember seeing lots of deer.

Buford_Dawg

Slow for our club so far

I have seen 2 does in 4 sittings. My 2 buddies have seen 0 deer also in 4 sittings each. Very few deer tracks. Lots of coyote tracks :mad:

creekbender

I have saw 3 out of the stand so far in 7 sittings. But i can come home after the game Saturday night and there are 2 bucks 20ft from the side of my house . Crazy .

Buford_Dawg

10/06 report

3 hunters in camp today. 8 deer seen this am. None in pm hunt. 1 doe harvested. First of year for club. Several bucks seen today.