New to muzzleloaders

deerbandit

What would be a good muzzleloader that won't break the bank but won't also rust all the time? Wanting to look into getting one but don't know where to start, any help or suggestions would be great.

BarnesAddict

I'm not much of a CVA fan, but certainly never a Traditions fan, due to their poor CS.
If you're looking for something cheaper and don't mind CVA, the Wolf model appears to satisfy many.

The key to ANY muzzleloader, regardless of rather its a $250 rifle or a $2,500 rifle, is to know how to clean them properly and keep them cleaned. Its a requirement, not an option.

As far as scopes, it doesn't matter how good a rifle may group, if it doesn't have a reliable scope. Muzzleloaders have a tendency to be a little harder on scopes. That said, look for a scope that gives a "Lifetime" warrantee. You don't have to break the bank for a quality "Lifetime" scope.

rosewood

Just bought a CVA Wolf for like $120 on clearance at Academy. It shoots great with 250 grain sst sabot and 2 777 pellets. Light, easy to carry, and easy to clean with a breech plug you can remove with your hand. I believe the regular price is under $200. I have 2 other BPs and this is my favorite so far.

Rosewood