Yesterday's Buck

pdsniper

Got in the climbing stand a little late yesterday was there about 15 minutes when the buck jumped the fence and came right to where I was set up he was no more than 30 yrds when I took the shot, I know I'm going to get grief about the red dot but I hate wearing my glasses when Im hunting to look threw the peep sights they are either fogging up or getting in the way so I put the red dot on there so I can hunt with out the glasses it works great and still allows me to hunt with a traditional muzzle loader

Attachments

• 9 pt lr.jpg
    9 pt lr.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1,678

Darkhorse

No grief from me. I put my Aimpoint SC1000 on a longrifle a few years ago. I thought it might help with my ageing eyes. It did but I just couldn't get use to it.
Nice buck by the way.

pdsniper

Here's a trail cam picture of him and a pic of him at the cooler

Attachments

• 1016162033a.jpg
    1016162033a.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 1,659
  • Resized_MFDC0377.jpg
    Resized_MFDC0377.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,456

snuffy

Nice buck.
Congratulations.
What is the rifle?

pdsniper

It's a hand made Hawken, a friend made it took him 18 months, the Lock it TC and the barrel is a green Mountain and the stock came out of Penn and its Tiger maple all the hardware and silver wire inlays he did himself as well

Meriwether Mike

Nice looking buck. Like the sight too!:shoot:

pdsniper

Yes the sight has worked real well for me, you can not only select the color of the sight Green or red, which I prefer green, you also have 4 choices of reticles it projects, I chose a circle with a dot in the center, my sight is perfect past 3 ft its just a little fuzzy up close lol