Extra loads

fountain

I'm using the bh 209 load holder tubes for pre-measured powder, but what do yall do for spare loads/bullets when hunting and what do yall put them in?

TJay

I use the TC Speedshots. I use my powder measure to meter the powder into the Speedshots.

leoparddog

I've got a couple of tubes that I bought for the purpose but most often now, its an old 35mm film container with a pre-measured powder charge and the ball or bullet is in my shirt pocket.

I've not found much need for speed though. If'n I miss the deer typically are so curious about the low boom and smoke, they'll stand there and watch me reload.

SakoL61R

I've got a couple of tubes that I bought for the purpose but most often now, its an old 35mm film container with a pre-measured powder charge and the ball or bullet is in my shirt pocket.

I've not found much need for speed though. If'n I miss the deer typically are so curious about the low boom and smoke, they'll stand there and watch me reload.

Yessir on the 35mm film containers! Been using them for 25 years. I use a narrow strip of masking tape to secure them lengthwise all the way around with the bullet taped to the top.

rosewood

35mm film container? What is that, something like a VCR? :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If I'm hunting with lead conicals, T/C plastic speed loads. If round ball, I have a loading block with pre-patched lubed balls and pre-measured charges in some little glass vials.

Muldoon

Loads?

A trip to your local hardware store for some correct size PVC pipe and you can make your own in short order!!:clap::flag:

Dr. Strangelove

A 35mm film canister is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. I miss those things, they were the best for storing all kinds of things.