Black Powder Source

fourwinds

Been a little while since I've bought any real black powder. I'm aware of the online sources, but I was curious if anyone knew of someone who sold it in the South metro area. I know of Deer Creek in Marietta. Apparently Bass Pro doesn't carry it any longer. Looking for 3F.

fourwinds

Well not much input. I haven't had any luck calling around. If anyone in the South metro is interested in a group buy, I would be happy to place an order with powder inc. I don't need 5lbs, and that is their minimum order amount.

GeorgiaBob

If there is a Bass Pro or a Cabela's near you, call them. Many of their stores have a "powder safe" and carry black powder. They will also carry substitutes like Pyrodex, 777, and others. If they carry black powder, the minimum will be a one pound plastic jug.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I got some Dupont Goex FFFg at the Bass Pro in Macon last year. Might check with them but I think they still carry it. You have to ask for it.

fourwinds

My wife is in Macon this weekend. I had planned to send her by Bass Pro on her way back. I called Friday and they said they no longer carried black powder. I may have her swing by on her way tomorrow to be sure. It's where I have bought bp from in the past. Thanks

fourwinds

Wife checked the Macon Bass Pro this morning. They said they quit carrying Goex about 6 months ago. I guess they weren't selling enough to deal with it from what she said.

leoparddog

Hi Forwinds,
I live in Marietta and will be driving through PTC and Senoia this Thursday evening on my way to hunting camp. Happy to pick you up a pound and drop it off Thursday evening about 7 or on Sunday afternoon on my way back from camp as a favor.

Send me a PM if I can give you a hand

Muldoon

You'd probably have better luck finding gold eye teeth in a lost coondog than BP on a local basis!!

fourwinds

I believe you are correct. I will stock up after I figure out what shoots good in my flintlock. I have used goex for my last rifle. Would like to try Swiss.