My Hometown Basketball Teams

Gator89

I grew up in Wildwood, Florida, yep where I-75 an the SSP intersect.

Week or so ago the girls repeated as Class 1A state Champs, back to back titles.

In 2017, the boys lost in the final. Today the boys got another shot and beat Blountstown for a title.

Boys & Girls Basketball titles in the same year. Ain't that cool?

The girls beat Port St. Joe. In 1970 my brother was quarterback on the football team that beat PSJ for a title. Wildwood and PSJ played for a football title in 1985 also, PSJ won that one.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That is awesome. Congrats!

bullgator

I was on a high school all area all-star team my junior year with a QB from Wildwood in '75. I believe his name was Keith Jones.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gator played 4 more years of HS BB.

Gator89

I was on a high school all area all-star team my junior year with a QB from Wildwood in '75. I believe his name was Keith Jones.

Yes, Keith went on to play DB at FSU, he played in the Orange bowl against Oklahoma. Keith's sister was in my class.

My brother made all state in class 2A 1970.

BG if you are north of Tampa and west of Orlando, you are not too far from WIldwood.

bullgator

Yes, Keith went on to play DB at FSU, he played in the Orange bowl against Oklahoma. Keith's sister was in my class.

My brother made all state in class 2A 1970.

BG if you are north of Tampa and west of Orlando, you are not too far from WIldwood.

I live in Brookville now. I played at Hudson.