Anybody went instinctive?

burkehunter

So I am contemplating trying to shoot instinctive with my compound. I practice regularly with my current setup. I keep having reoccurring target/trigger panic. This has come from release issues mostly. I also had to adjust my sight recently with windage. Got me to thinking, would I have better confidence with going instinctive and maybe finger shooting with a glove. Anybody thought of or tried this?

Hillbilly stalker

That would be tuff with the short axel to axel length bows of today. The finger pinch would be rough unless you have a short draw length . You can still shoot instinctive with a release tho and get around that. On the positive side, all bows are quieter when using a finger release.

BowanaLee

Eliminate the trigger and conquer your target panic with a carter evolution or stan element resistance activated release.

burkehunter

Thats actually a good idea. I might look into that. I have a tru ball thumb trigger release. It has misfired twice. Needless to say I dont have much confidence in it.

Killdee

I would still shoot that way if not for the short bows. I think I had more fun with that style.

burkehunter

Yeah I think if I can get confidence back in my release it will be ok. I think I may look at getting some traditional equipment to tame my curiosity with that.