A little healthier...

HuntinJake_23

As much as I love food, I do try to eat a little healthier these days. So for lunch I made pan seared chicken breast glazed with sweet Thai chili sauce served atop cauliflower rice...

Attachments

• D6286FD5-18A4-4285-BEB9-706DE3A3E934.jpg
    D6286FD5-18A4-4285-BEB9-706DE3A3E934.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 409

Dub

As much as I love food, I do try to eat a little healthier these days. So for lunch I made pan seared chicken breast glazed with sweet Thai chili sauce served atop cauliflower rice...

Great looking eats !!!!!

Not a thing in the world wrong with eating healthier.

Great looking meal.

naildrvr

That don't look too shabby. I bet the glaze was right tasty.

Pointpuller

Very nice Jake. Healthy can be good tasting just takes a little creativity and you nailed it with that chicken breast.

Triple C

Lot of folks eating much more healthy these days. For us, during the week it's mostly fresh veggies and never fried. Fruits, nuts n berries as well. A loaf of bread goes bad cause we just don't eat it during the week. For many years I didn't think any meal was proper unless it had a big chunk of meat. Not so much these days. Breakfast was always sausage or bacon, eggs, grits and biscuits. These days it's steel cut oats with natural crunchy peanut butter and raw honey. However...weekends are a different story. Some kinda meat along with all the good sides is going on the grill come the weekend. Water has become my friend as well over the past few years. And here recently, no hard stuff during the week. An occasional glass of red wine but more often, sparkling water with frozen berries instead of a mixed drink when I get home. Losing weight and hope it keeps going down. Now that I'm in my 60s I've noticed I don't see a lot of overweight old people. I see a lot of thin 80 year olds.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Lot of folks eating much more healthy these days. For us, during the week it's mostly fresh veggies and never fried. Fruits, nuts n berries as well. A loaf of bread goes bad cause we just don't eat it during the week. For many years I didn't think any meal was proper unless it had a big chunk of meat. Not so much these days. Breakfast was always sausage or bacon, eggs, grits and biscuits. These days it's steel cut oats with natural crunchy peanut butter and raw honey. However...weekends are a different story. Some kinda meat along with all the good sides is going on the grill come the weekend. Water has become my friend as well over the past few years. And here recently, no hard stuff during the week. An occasional glass of red wine but more often, sparkling water with frozen berries instead of a mixed drink when I get home. Losing weight and hope it keeps going down. Now that I'm in my 60s I've noticed I don't see a lot of overweight old people. I see a lot of thin 80 year olds.

Funny you should mention that Trip. Since I quit smoking I picked up this foundation block I been wearing around my waist. Mrs. elfiii and I are becoming calorie hawks in a hurry.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Funny you should mention that Trip. Since I quit smoking I picked up this foundation block I been wearing around my waist. Mrs. elfiii and I are becoming calorie hawks in a hurry.

Foundation block? Nah that's a tool shed.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I had a similar meal recently. Yours looks Great!!!!!

HuntinJake_23

Looks good. Just curious, exactly how is cauliflower rice? Ive seen it in the store and I love cauliflower.

It was good, it takes any seasoning you want to put in it. And I just took a head of cauliflower and pulsed it up in my food processor and then sautéed it in some olive oil in a skillet. Added some rub I made to it.