Is my atheist dad in heaven?

WaltL1

Yea, exactly, but more than that, that a male and a female was made by the mix, and in close enough proximity in time and location to regenerate.
Check this out and I think Atlas mentioned this already -
Maybe one of our ingredients contained this ability at one time but we evolved into completely separate genders? (think waaaaaay back before we were "people")
I don't know. But its a piece of evidence that relates directly to the male/female question you have above.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Cell reproduction is the process by which cells divide to form new cells. Each time a cell divides, it makes a copy of all of its chromosomes,which are tightly coiled strands of DNA, the genetic material that holds the instructions for all life, and sends an identical copy to the new cell that is created. This is a process called Mitosis.

Geezer Ray

And if that were true you guys would have a lot less to disagree on :D

Yes sir and that's why I do my best to keep it simple, to not get hung up on the small things, to know God is incharge, and I do one day at a time. Everything will be revealed in the end.

ky55

I admire your philosophy Geezer. I try and do the same.:clap:

I guess that’s all some folks need.

It reminds me of sticking your fingers in both ears, closing your eyes, and humming your favorite tune as loud as you can.

:rofl:

oldfella1962

Originally Posted by WaltL1 View Post
I'm not so sure Geezer.....
Seems like if that were true the Bible would say -
Love me.
The End.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this: the bible should say -
Fear me.
The end.

I can't equate love with eternal torture. Fear would be a more appropriate emotion.

oldfella1962

wow I had no idea "ascension" was so common! But riddle me this: the "firmament" was where all the water was held which caused the great flood in the Noah's Ark story. So once this firmament broke and all the water came was the firmament rebuilt? If people still believed in the firmament long, long after the flood then it must have still been around.
Where did it go then? We have made many trips outside our atmosphere and we haven't seen this firmament where heavenly thrones sit.

Artfuldodger

Interesting study or concept concerning sexuality, gender, asexual, evolution, and religion.
I remember listening to a discussion on what makes one male or female beyond reproductive organs. Bringing evolution and asexual into the mix opens up possibilities that I can't explain.

If we keep it religion, why would God specify male and female even if nature didn't? The defines of male and female are a big part of Christianity and I would assume other religions as well.

Strange how the worlds religions overlap in regards to a lot of things like sexuality. Implications for gender identity. Made in the image of God. Male and female created he. Yet one of the 1/3 of the Godhead personalities is male. Well maybe two of them are. Father and Son. Adam was made first. A male and not a female. Interesting.

Continue with all the sons born to Noah, Abraham, David, and Mary. There is this Sonship importance throughout but also the importance of Mary.
Sexuality and genealogy was of utmost importance to God.
Well at least to the New Testament.

Hard to believe God abandoned this approach with the revelation given to Paul. Maybe it's still a part of his plan.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

If you are under grace(born again), you are no longer under the old law.
BUT, if you are under grace, you have a law written in your heart. It's no longer required to follow the law written on stone tablets, because Jesus fulfilled that for us. There's a better law written on tablets of our flesh, in our heart. Beautiful isn't it? And so liberating also. Aaaah grace!

The Law written on our hearts, Jesus died for those as well? I mean no matter where they are written, grace is liberating?

welderguy

The Law written on our hearts, Jesus died for those as well? I mean no matter where they are written, grace is liberating?

Yes, James describes it as the "perfect law of liberty".

John 8:36
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

We have liberty to walk in newness of life.

Israel

BANNED
God loves man. So how could he conclude what man does is so very worthy of death?

Sin is/was allowed in one place that man might learn an immutable and unapproachable righteousness reigns in Another. This is of necessity. There is nothing/no thing subtle in righteousness.

What is created of mutable truth (there's another word for that) is also of necessity of example. Even toward and for what is created of that immutable. (Rom 9:21-23, Acts 17:30)

But Jesus Christ is not allowed. He is given. He is the given One. Even into the hands of evil men. By purpose of the One who works all things in accord with the counsel of His will.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Understand why the Lord marveled at the Centurion's faith! Understand why the Lord marveled at what the Centurion's faith was showing the Centurion! How deeply he was given to see, even past the children of Israel!
What is under command does not declare its own freedom of will, but the will of the One under whose command it appears.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Why? Because his name...is "like" your own. There's an affinity to name. It must be broken, and only is...in and through Jesus Christ. That another Name be revealed.

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that has heard, and has learned of the Father, comes unto me.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And not paradoxically

No man can come to me, except the Father who has sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus does something. He does what he says he does...and would do.

but I will show to you, whom ye may fear; Fear him who, after the killing, is having authority to cast to the gehenna; yes, I say to you, Fear ye Him. (Young's Literal, for necessary reason)

Does Jesus do this? Has Jesus done this? Does Jesus "show" the One a man may have heard from, learned from...of immutable righteousness? Of immutable right-ness=Truth?

Who will lay down their life to take it up again...but only by command? What will accomplishes this?

No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

The prophet that has a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that has my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? says the LORD.

And when I saw him, I did fall at his feet as dead, and he placed his right hand upon me, saying to me, 'Be not afraid; I am the First and the Last, and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death.

What will rise...will only rise at His word. All righteous fear, all fear of necessity is only stilled by His word.

And his delight shall be in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

WaltL1

It reminds me of sticking your fingers in both ears, closing your eyes, and humming your favorite tune as loud as you can.

Israel said this in response to a different situation in the Happy Easter thread but I think it may apply here also -
Upsetting our own apple carts, though, is far different. Who dare risk throwing water on the hearth that so warms us? Our retreat?

Geezer Ray

Actually it is nothing like sticking your fingers in both ears. It's having the common sense that God gave even the lowest of animals to know that worrying about tomorrow is a waste of time. You will change 100 percent of nothing by worrying. God has a plan and it is working. You know, come to think of it I believe that's what is going on here. God has a plan and you can't figure it out so therefore God can't exists. After all how can there be a Creator if He can't create according to man's science. That's not logical. Because He can't.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Actually it is nothing like sticking your fingers in both ears. It's having the common sense that God gave even the lowest of animals to know that worrying about tomorrow is a waste of time. You will change 100 percent of nothing by worrying. God has a plan and it is working. You know, come to think of it I believe that's what is going on here. God has a plan and you can't figure it out so therefore God can't exists. After all how can there be a Creator if He can't create according to man's science. That's not logical. Because He can't.

What in your opinion is the benefit of god's plan for people who are victims of abuse , sexual assault, torture, cancer and other less cheerful examples that believers always seem to avoid when they talk about god's plans? How is that "working"?