Squirrel Meat

Doug B.

Pressure cooking has never made the bones edible for me. It does make the meat tender though.

coreyhopper22

i try to shoot most of mine in the neck cause i eat everything i dont like to waste a bit you would be supprised what you throw away taste the best but anyway i put mine in salt water over night then the next day put in buttermilk and in flour its the best ive had not putn off on any other way just seems to work the best for me

Toxic

After you skin them, save the head, freeze it, when you have a 3 to 4 saved, PM me. Not for eating trust me. I just want the heads

droptinegirl1

Cut all of the legs off (I love the back ones) and then take the ribs off the backbone (we dont save the ribs) and soak them in salt water for several hours. Then you boil them for several hours (or you cant chew them). When tender put them in a baking dish and smother with barbeque sauce (any works) and bake them. I dont really pay attention to how long I just know when they are done. We love them. Our girls and I cant get enough. Great chow! Better than chicken wings!

bublewis

I cut 'em up into peices (legs and the back) after skinning, and I usually let them soak in salt water over night. For old ones I will pressure cook first; then fry and make gravy with it or make into dumplings. For young ones I just fry without boiling first.

GunRights4US

After reading this whole thread...I am starving for some tree rat!

COCHISE

i try to shoot most of mine in the neck cause i eat everything i dont like to waste a bit you would be supprised what you throw away taste the best but anyway i put mine in salt water over night then the next day put in buttermilk and in flour its the best ive had not putn off on any other way just seems to work the best for me

Yeah, I shoot all of mine in the left eye, no exceptions....::ke::D:cheers:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I usually quarter mine. Skin and gut, then take heavy kitchen scissors and cut into quarters. The backbone is small and the scissors will cut right thru it and the pelvis. Fox squirrels and big grays, i will cut into pieces.