AKC Southern Heritage Benefit Coon Hunt

Trey Miller

I like to say thank you to all the people that came out to the hunt and hope to see you next year. There are a few things that might change, I'd like to change the deadline to be earlier than what it was. That's the only thing I see that needs to change. Thank you to all the guides, hunters vendors that came.

Thank you!!

Murphy

Better than many thought including myself I and every cast I took out wanted a later deadline we waited at late as we could to turn out all the coon were treed later in the hunt and as time expired

Trey Miller

Better than many thought including myself I and every cast I took out wanted a later deadline we waited at late as we could to turn out all the coon were treed later in the hunt and as time expired

You reckon it was because of the full moon that the coons were moving so late? The coons were moving later though cause on the way back to the fairgrounds a coon ran across the road in front of us. I'd like to get everybody's opinion on what could make it bigger and better though. It's all of you that will help it grow every year.

Murphy

Could have been the moon never know the weather was up and down too just going right down the road we waited till 10:30 to turn loose and barely made it back by three

Trey Miller

I'd like for the deadline to be at 5:30 or 6:00 pm cause that way everybody can get out of the club, get to the woods right at dark that way there is no rush. Everybody can relax getting to there turn outs. I hunted week early last before the Southern Heritage and on that full moon the earlier the better on treeing coons fast and easy. After 9:00 it was hard to get a track going.

Last edited: