Processor fees

308NavyDad

The place my buddys go to is $75 a deer.They do everything you dont even have to gut it.But all you get is ground.You want sausage extra,cubed extra.Is this the going rate.I know some places will charge less if you skin it or quarter it.This place has great sausage but I cant aford $75 a deer just for ground.Anybody know a good place around terrell county.

stev

Banned
The place my buddys go to is $75 a deer.They do everything you dont even have to gut it.But all you get is ground.You want sausage extra,cubed extra.Is this the going rate.I know some places will charge less if you skin it or quarter it.This place has great sausage but I cant aford $75 a deer just for ground.Anybody know a good place around terrell county.
http://webapp.dnr.state.ga.us/wrd/processor.php

CassGA

sounds a bit high. $50-$60 for basic cut seems to be average from my experience, but i field dress them.

Mwaldrop

i got a quote to have my deer ground for .65 cents a lb. it was ready to go into the machine all trimmed and all. i ended up driving using a friends grinder 60 miles away. with all the expences gas, wrap it cost me .21 cents a lb. also i was able to cube 6 loins and 6 backstraps.

i know everyone dont have that option, but it really needs to go into your mind. couple friends get together and buy ur own equip. i will be getting my own now!!!

it does seem a little high. good luck