Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !

Attachments

• Hitch pin.JPG
    Hitch pin.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 379

Canuck5

What creations have you made? My weed wiper and stone boat.

Attachments

• Weed Wiper 5.jpg
    Weed Wiper 5.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 372
  • Stone Boat.jpg
    Stone Boat.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 374

Canuck5

Cut down a 10 foot wide lime spreader to go down some narrow trails.

Attachments

• Doug 027.jpg
    Doug 027.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_20180325_100700390.jpg
    IMG_20180325_100700390.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

ucfireman

Does the weed wiper work well? I may make something similar. What do you use for the "wiper" part? T shirts or rope or something?
does the weed killer drip any?

Canuck5

Canuck5

Does the weed wiper work well? I may make something similar. What do you use for the "wiper" part? T shirts or rope or something?
does the weed killer drip any?

The weed wiper is not perfect, but it has lots of benefits if you have, like in my case, grass, cereal grains and broad leaf weeds, that are taller than the clover that I am trying to set free. I just set the wiper so that it skims over top of my clover.

Buy one at Agri-Supply https://www.agrisupply.com/string-wing-rope-wick-chemical-applicator/p/71934/

I use a 50/50 mix of glyphostate and water. For it to be effective, you need to go slow, around 5 mph. The real benefit to me was that I used 2 gallons of mix, to wipe 12 acres of plots and had some left over. I didn't have to haul water, which is a big time saver, since my plots are scattered all around and I could do it all myself.

April 21st was when I did the wiping and 2 weeks later, you can see the grass dying. As of right now, I won't be doing anything more to the plots, but letting the clover grow, feeding the deer (& turkeys) and letting the does drop fawns. I don't mow.

Does it drip? Yes, a little. I add the mix and don't start wiping till I see it start to drip. Once I am covering the plot, it doesn't drip till I am done with the plot. Then I move on.

Attachments

• Clover1.jpg
    Clover1.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 249
  • clover6.jpg
    clover6.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 248

Triple C

Canuck...Here's a FEL modification that makes moving equipment a breeze. Buddy on another forum posted these pics of his modification to easily move around implements, trailers and such.

I.png

II.png

III.png

IV.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 5.16.26 AM.png

V.png

VI.png

Last edited:

Canuck5

Oh, now that is pretty slick, right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canuck5

Poor man's smoker

Attachments

• Smoker.jpg
    Smoker.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Ribs-1.jpg
    Ribs-1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 145