Truck Bench Seat Replacement

StriperAddict

I'm thinking of replacing my Toyota Tacoma bench truck seat with (preferably) bucket seats because of the back pain I have while driving and sitting in it. I've used different seat braces and pads but they push me too forward and I haven't quite the room using them. The cab IS small for a guy my 6' 3" size, and I'm considering getting another vehicle, but the funds are low.

Has anyone done seat replacements themselves? Or,

Would you recommend a good body shop in the Gwinnett county area for the work?

I'm perfectly ok in our other/wifes car, it's not not bucket seats, but still good.

Luke0927

I have a single cab 4x4 tacoma with buckets....there is a good forum for toyotas called yotatech and tacoma territory you could ask on there...so you currently have 1 straight bench or the 60/40 split?

StriperAddict

Straight bench.
It might be tough to install buckets without the extra rails for each seat area. Some hot work may go into the mix, and I'm not looking forward to that if I can help it

Davis31052

Your truck should have the attachment points already in the cab floor. Find a same year model truck as yours in salvage and buy both seats complete to include the seat belt buckles and attachment hardware.

7Mag Hunter

Your truck should have the attachment points already in the cab floor. Find a same year model truck as yours in salvage and buy both seats complete to include the seat belt buckles and attachment hardware.

X2
I just removed the bench seat from my S-10 and bolted
bucket seats directly into the same holes....

StriperAddict

X2
I just removed the bench seat from my S-10 and bolted
bucket seats directly into the same holes....

Yeah, I hope this works for buckets & NO extended cab. I'll have to check seat size and make sure there's 'some' room! :O

winchester1970

I have a Chevy C2500 with roughly 280,000 miles and the interior was getting rough, especially the drivers side of the bench seat. I found a real nice set of bucket seats and console from a truck at the salvage yard in the correct color, all they needed was a light cleaning. I got both front buckets,console and rear bench for the extended cab for $100 out the door. These were factory seats from a GMC Seirra. You have to go often as the inventory can change from week to week. Only had to drill one hole for the seats, the console was another story but only added about an hour to the project.