Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Spiritual Help and Religion Discussions > Spiritual Discussions and Study

Old 03-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Default Salvation FROM Fleshly Lusts and Bad Habits

It is taught by many that the body sins every day but the soul is free from sin, but according to Scripture the body must be holy as much as the soul and spirit. Here are some passages that definitely mention the body as being free from sin: "That ye present your BODIES a living sacrifice, HOLY, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. and be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Rom. 12:1, 2), "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body" (Rom. 6:11-23), "Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh YE SHALL DIE: but if ye through the spirit do mortify THE DEEDS OF THE BODY, YE SHALL LIVE" (Rom. 8:12, 13), "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile THE TEMPLE OF GOD, him shall God destroy; for THE TEMPLE OF GOD IS HOLY, which temple ye are" (1 Cor. 3:16, 17; 6:19, 20). Let us cleanse ourselves FROM ALL FILTHINESS OF THE FLESH AND SPIRIT, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor. 7:1), "Putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ" (Col. 2:11, 12; 3:5-17), "That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel [body] in sanctification and honour" (1 Thess. 4:3-7; 2 Tim. 2:19-22).
Old 03-04-2017, 04:57 PM

Good luck with that. Do you keep up with your sins or have someone else judge? Others make so much better of judges, and if I were concerned it would cost me my salvation I would just have someone monitor my actions so sin wouldnt slip by me unaware.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs27 View Post
Good luck with that. Do you keep up with your sins or have someone else judge? Others make so much better of judges, and if I were concerned it would cost me my salvation I would just have someone monitor my actions so sin wouldnt slip by me unaware.
I know when I sin and know to repent of it, I thank God for the spirit to let me know.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo Picker View Post
I know when I sin and know to repent of it, I thank God for the spirit to let me know.
When did repentence mean you forgive your own sin?
Old 03-05-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
(Titus 3:8-11) 8 "This is a faithful saying and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. these things are good and profitable unto men".
9 "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain".
10 "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
(Titus 3:8-11) 8 "This is a faithful saying and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. these things are good and profitable unto men".
9 "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain".
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
How does one regain salvation once he sins again?
Old 03-05-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
In other words, you have no answer to a simple question. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
In other words, you have no answer to a simple question. Thanks.
The Scriptures speak for themselves that I have put on here, they are true and will stand, Jesus spoke them and they didn't believe them either.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
The Scriptures speak for themselves that I have put on here, they are true and will stand, Jesus spoke them and they didn't believe them either.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
When did he say it did?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfuldodger View Post
Never lose Salvation
Hebrews Chapter 6 is a good read

John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:19 PM

Psalms 51
Old 08-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Default Salvation lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_seph View Post
Never lose Salvation
Hebrews Chapter 6 is a good read

John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
In the book of Galatians, Paul taught a rebirth: "My little children, of whom I travail in birth again unto Christ be formed in you" (Gal. 4:19). These believers had been saved and born again once before this, But they had been removed from Christ and the gospel: "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel . . . . ye are fallen from grace (Gal. 1:6-9; 5:4). If they were removed from Christ and grace, then they were no longer in Christ and grace. If they were removed from the gospel and grace, they were no longer in either. They were "bewitched" from obeying "the truth" Paul asked them, having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal. 3:1-5). You can find more Scripture on the tread,CAN A MAN BE SAVED FROM SIN OR BORN AGAIN MORE THAN ONCE, that will back up these.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
It is taught by many that the body sins every day but the soul is free from sin, but according to Scripture the body must be holy as much as the soul and spirit. Here are some passages that definitely mention the body as being free from sin: "That ye present your BODIES a living sacrifice, HOLY, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. and be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Rom. 12:1, 2), "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body" (Rom. 6:11-23), "Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh YE SHALL DIE: but if ye through the spirit do mortify THE DEEDS OF THE BODY, YE SHALL LIVE" (Rom. 8:12, 13), "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile THE TEMPLE OF GOD, him shall God destroy; for THE TEMPLE OF GOD IS HOLY, which temple ye are" (1 Cor. 3:16, 17; 6:19, 20). Let us cleanse ourselves FROM ALL FILTHINESS OF THE FLESH AND SPIRIT, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor. 7:1), "Putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ" (Col. 2:11, 12; 3:5-17), "That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel [body] in sanctification and honour" (1 Thess. 4:3-7; 2 Tim. 2:19-22).
Imperative is not declarative.