Pulling camper and boat

Bama B

one shot I hope this helps. Web search State towing laws www.hithemup.com or Georgia towing laws towing world.com. Like I previously stated I towed this way until I was pulled over.

one_shot

one shot I hope this helps. Web search State towing laws www.hithemup.com or Georgia towing laws towing world.com. Like I previously stated I towed this way until I was pulled over.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Never been stopped! Only time I was talked to by police is when I stopped for gas. He said it was legal, he wanted to make sure the boat cleared the gas pump!

Someone show it in writing from an official source.
Will be pulling again, soon!
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=173000

Last edited:

Bama B

Well I wish you the best of luck. I hope you have better luck than I did. And a family lawyer like I was lucky to have. I would recommend contacting your insurance broker. Happy camping

saltysenior

why worry about a ticket ???? a million dollar lawsuit against you and your insurance co. saying your not covered for triple towing is what i'd worry about.

A friend of mine would pull his camper and boat behind his pickup when he went to Lake Okeechobee every year. The last trip he was stopped and the officer made him park one of the vehicles and he had to come back and get it after he dropped off the other towed vehicle. Like saltysenior said, it's not a big thing until you get in a wreck and end up getting sued.

Bama B

Same thing happened to me. Only difference I was ticketed. I was lucky the Laurens county judge was cool. And a family lawyer worked it out. I had done it for a few years with my first camper.

Beaudeane

Two pulled vehicles (trailers) behind a power unit (truck) in trucking is called doubles. Triples means 3 trailers. Only see it out north west or some toll roads like in Oklahoma but not STA-A ACCESS ROADS there. Rocky Mountain doubles are 1 long trailer like 48 or 53 ft & another trailer behind it.... Look up FMCSA SAFETY REGULATIONS. I bet it's in there. I have a paper copy here in my big truck but gotta truck for now. Look in section 393. to start. No idea which subsection it will be in

Bob Shaw

I wonder if the law in Georgia changed or if I got some bad information from the DOT. Before I started, what I call double towing, I called the DOT and got some specific info, like the first trailer had to be a 5th wheel, had to have trailer brakes, and none of the units could exceed 28' in length. I towed like that for 17 years without a problem, and I confess, I never checked on the insurance issue.

MudDucker

Staff member
I had a 38' motorhome and I regularly pulled a jeep with a 16' boat behind it all over Georgia and Florida about 10 years ago. Talked with both the GSP and FSP and both said there was nothing to prevent me from doing that. It probably exceeded 60'.