Bad Camping Neighbors

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
One is full of $15,000 trailers
The other is full of $20,000 to $150,000 trailers.

???? :huh:

You are being very generous in your estimate of trailer park units value.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
LOL.....

$500-$3000? :biggrin2:

Most are of no value due to code rules about mobile home age. They can stay and be maintained in place but not moved into most counties.

T-N-T

I'd say you are pretty close.

So I'm calling it not much, difference that is.

Not much difference in a campground and a trailer park huh?

You haven't strolled through a campground lately then. There is more money in one on a summer weekend than your local bank vault

Mike 65

^^^^
So true.
Walk through and count how many $55,000+ trucks are pulling
$35,000+ RVs. And a lot of them have their $20,000+ boats with them as well. Insane amount of $$$ in a camp ground.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Little different down here than up there Jack

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I'd say you are pretty close.

So I'm calling it not much, difference that is.

Folks down here love their campers and spend lots of bucks on bringing their home with all of the lights and glitter to the woods so they can enjoy nature with all of their noisy neighbors. :bounce:

Give me a tent and some back country. That is camping.

T-N-T

Camping in the south is year round. No off season..... Ain't nothin to drop 50k on a camper they don't need.

Jack Ryan

Not much difference in a campground and a trailer park huh?

You haven't strolled through a campground lately then. There is more money in one on a summer weekend than your local bank vault

Expensive trailer park.

T-N-T

I spent a few years growing up in the trailer park. I feel cozy and at home when I take my camper (that cost more than that single wide did) to the campground and hang with the loud, foul mouthed drunks

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't camp anymore, but back in the day most of our camping was near a sandbar on a river with a small tent and a good campfire. Maybe one skillet to cook some fish in and a decent bottle of Bourbon. We never had any neighbors to worry about.

Whit90

bringing back an old thread... had fun reading this. Are you really camping if you've got neighbors????.....

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Camping is going with the flow not against it. Sooner or later you get what you came for.

Oldstick

bringing back an old thread... had fun reading this. Are you really camping if you've got neighbors????.....

Depends on your definition of neighbors, but our experience is if you do wind up with camping neighbors, (depends a lot on location, whether the middle of the week or weekends, holidays, etc.) they are 99.99% of the time the best neighbors you will ever meet anywhere.

And we always strive to reciprocate the goodwill too.

Whit90

Depends on your definition of neighbors, but our experience is if you do wind up with camping neighbors, (depends a lot on location, whether the middle of the week or weekends, holidays, etc.) they are 99.99% of the time the best neighbors you will ever meet anywhere.

And we always strive to reciprocate the goodwill too.

I was thinking more on the line of the definition of camping. Camping to me is getting away from others and being deep in the woods. Pulling a travel trailer up to an established camping facility is glamping... both can be fun, I just prefer camping... without neighbors ?

Mexican Squealer

Got no interest in sleeping in a trailer in a campground full of others sleeping in trailers....but I do enjoy actual camping. Never had neighbors to be concerned with.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
There are all kinds of different ways to camp. I’ve only tent camped. Never owned a camper but I’m looking at getting one so I can camp with my family. My wife says she will go if I get a camper but she ain’t tent camping. and my daughter won’t go without momma just yet. Looks like I’m buying a camper.

But I still love to tent camp. I’ve done it all. Camp ground, WMA, hiked in miles back into Cohutta. I’ve enjoyed all of them.

Neighbors can be a problem. I don’t expect everybody to be as quiet as a church mouse but some common courtesy goes a long way. If there are kids nearby don’t be cussing and what not. If you’ve got people fairly close and they have gone to bed do t see how loud you can be just because you can. I’ve been part of the group staying up late drinking and I’ve been part of the crowd that turned in about ten o’clock.

When we used to camp at Big Lazer Creek WMA we met some absolute characters. Most were nice. Some had to be told to back up a little. Drinking was usually involved with that kind.

Probably the best experience I’ve had as far as public campground setting was at West Fork Campground two years ago. Me and a buddy were trout fishing and had plenty of neighbors but they were nice and while they stayed up later than we did they didn’t try to see how much noise they could make.

The worst was at Dick’s Creek when I was a kid. This would have been around 1982 or so. Some time after we had gone to bed a bus load of folks pulled in and started partying in the middle of the night. Guitar playing and singing and a lot of loud whooping and cussing. My old man had enough, got up and went over there to talk to them. He was severely outnumbered but he was the type that didn’t care. Turned out they were a bunch of hippies. He said they were nice and when he asked them to quiet down they apologized and did tone it down a good bit but they were still kind of loud for a few hours.

Tunaman

BANNED
Guess I’ve been lucky. I can’t remember really having a lot of trouble “camping”. We like most KOA’s but they are too pricey to use a lot. We find most State Parks tend to be the best priced and least tolerant of of all the bad things listed.