generator/camper hookup?

W4DSB

papachaz

The camper states...this connectin only for 110/125 volt ac 60 hz 30 amp supply? However i did build a pigtail so i can join it to the gen recep. that states... 120/240 30 amp. i found a female plug exactly like the camper -- two slant prongs n one oval ground. that's three wire romex. green for ground white for common n blue for hot. i got a male end like the gen. end which is 4 slants.. so with 3 wires coming from camp end i wired green for ground white for common and blue into only one of the hot legs leaving one open on the gen plug??? scared to use. i'm not sure i'm following ya'll or registering lol or vice versa. still looking for rv repair man- evrything over 2 hours away. just wanna get it down to the hunt club this weekend. if it was running fine for an hour, ac and all on the 110 house plug adaptor n 110 outlet on the gen. end it should be fine, right. or does it take time to burn up something? the load capacity on the gen read in the upper 30 percentile
i bought the adapter i needed at 3 way campers in marietta. you can order them online too. my generator has that 120/240 plug, and i use it for my camper all the time. don't underpower your A/C, you will burn up the startup capaciter. my genny is an 8500 watt and i've never had a problem running my camper off of it.

klwehunt

If you hook your camper up to 220 you are going to burn up some stuff campers are 120 no matter if they are 30 amp or 50 amp.