Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition Knife Sharpener

Gaswamp

What are the main differences in the standard and deluxe model other than price?

Dr. Strangelove

I did an old pair of 5" scissors that couldn't cut wrapping paper well anymore and they're good as new.

I've sharpened all the scissors in the house as well, as well as tin snips and garden loppers.

My 20 year Henckel kitchen shears are like new after sharpening and the household scissors and garden tools are cutting like never before.

Two months in, I really like the Ken Onion Edition Worksharp, I couldn't be happier. I get that people with custom or really high end knives may suspicious and I'm certainly no knife expert, but I've been more than happy with my results on the knives and edged tools I have around the house.

The device has a guide to hold scissors at the correct angle for sharpening. For garden type tools, you do sometimes have to remove the guides and do it freehand, but I've gotten pretty decent at that as well.

I used a one-time Amazon discounts and some gift cards so I got mine for what I consider a pretty good deal, but I would pay full price and still be happy. I'd been looking at replacing my worn-out 25 year old Lansky system for some time now.