Grady/Thomas/Mitchell Counties

maxwell42583

They really are not doing much in South Grady. I heard a couple of gobbles lately but they shut down around 7:30. Im going to start hunting another piece of property in North Grady and see how it goes. We gave up on our property in Miller because of the poaching problem that we encountered, turns out those guys had been slaying the turkeys on our property and surrounding properties. Glad they went to jail.

southGAlefty

I missed one this morning about 8:15. No gobbling whatsoever that I heard but I called his girlfriends to me and he strutted to the decoys. I just couldn't finish the drill. I'll be back after them in the morning.

GAMHUNTER35

well my tom went across the road an got took out by another hunter. havnt heard or seen anymore so looking for more land

maker4life

Last edited:

Tailfeather

Got two in Decatur Co, and one in Grady. Taking my little boy now to see if we can get lucky. Been a good season.

Tailfeather

Btw, fellas....I just moved here last summer. I have a small place to hunt near Reno, but am looking for somewhere else too. Not having much luck finding anyplace nearby....

If any of you are in any clubs that need members, etc. let me know. I'm a nice guy, I swear...lol. I can also offer some good fishing.:bounce::D

What about that land up near the reservoir....that gonna be open again?

GAMHUNTER35

well i wish they would open up tired creek again alot of birds over there. but they hav closed it down. i hav been going to wmas just not been able to close the deal hear lots of birds just cant call them in.been filming some nice toms on private land but land owner will not let me hunt them. had 2 nice toms at 40 yds this afternoon. 1 was gobblin but barely could hear him.

GAMHUNTER35

well still no luck anybody got some birds they will let me hunt. heard 1 one the roost this morning but he got quiet after he flew down had to be at work so going to try an roost him sat.

hortonhunter22

well guys everybody getting the bug yet?...im hearing of food plots being put in and starting to see deer in the fields in the evenings...starting to feel the itch...put out a cam last week and some yeller acorns maybe ill find proof that the big one is back:cheers:

southGAlefty

well guys everybody getting the bug yet?...im hearing of food plots being put in and starting to see deer in the fields in the evenings...starting to feel the itch...put out a cam last week and some yeller acorns maybe ill find proof that the big one is back:cheers:

I got the itch but I can't scratch it cause both hands are busy swattin' gnats! Rough in these parts right now.

talisman

Hey guys if anyone is looking for a electric golf cart i have a nice camo club car lifted for sale $3400

hortonhunter22

im doubtful that we will ever get to hunt that property again...i think the days of tired creek tract have come and gone with all this lake project stuff

Buckfever

im doubtful that we will ever get to hunt that property again...i think the days of tired creek tract have come and gone with all this lake project stuff

Wasn't it suppose to be a lake project originally many years ago? I know the state had it listed as a WMA for a couple years before turning it back over to the county.

hortonhunter22

yea its always been the talk of that lake...usually sprung up by an election year..but seems as if they might actually do it this time. They are spending money to survey and do all the planning sounds like through the grapevine...we will see what happens. it was some of the prettiest hardwoods i have ever seen.

southGAlefty

Getting a few cool-ish mornings here for August, weather man said 65* when I woke up this morning. Hope it stays that way, I could go for a cold winter!

Where's all the chatter?finally get a lease around home and everybody gets lock jaw. I was out at the land yesterday and saw my first fawn of the year.Hope that means a low coyote population.Anybody planting anything? My neighbor has planted so much and ag fields around me I'm considering just going with feeders. I think my lands the bedroom and his is the kitchen. Nothing but slick heads on camera anybody getting ahit list together.