Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_racin_fan View Post
Try again.
Michael Knight?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfuldodger View Post
Michael Knight?
Well it doesn't look like Mitch Buchannon to me.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by red neck richie View Post
There are so many immature individuals. Some can handle it responsibly most at that age cannot. They cave to peer pressure and what will make them popular. And a lot of people base their decision on perception. If the law allows it, it is perceived as being ok. The law says meth is legal so I can do it.
Using that logic we would all be alcoholics.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
There are so many immature individuals. Some can handle it responsibly most at that age cannot. They cave to peer pressure and what will make them popular. And a lot of people base their decision on perception. If the law allows it, it is perceived as being ok. The law says meth is legal so I can do it.
Ironically, that is a textbook liberal attitude. Very much so. That same reasoning has led to the banning of guns, sugared soft drinks, 30-round magazines, Cokes over ten ounces, chicken fried in trans-fats, etc. etc. in liberal cities. Democrats use that line all the time. People aren't capable of making their own healthy decisions, so the government must force them to live the way we think they should, and not have access to anything that can harm them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo4116 View Post
Using that logic we would all be alcoholics.
This.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Ironically, that is a textbook liberal attitude. Very much so. That same reasoning has led to the banning of guns, sugared soft drinks, 30-round magazines, Cokes over ten ounces, chicken fried in trans-fats, etc. etc. in liberal cities. Democrats use that line all the time. People aren't capable of making their own healthy decisions, so the government must force them to live the way we think they should, and not have access to anything that can harm them.

This.
I agree. But we are not talking about the same thing here. The topic was legalizing drugs. I am not talking about food or guns. In fact I am a huge 2nd amendment guy. I am all for any drug that has medicinal purposes. Go to the doctor and get a prescription. Like all the other legal drugs we have now. If marijuana helps PTSD fine go get a prescription. I don't have an issue with that. Where the problem comes in is with so called recreational drug use. Especially stronger drugs such as meth and heroin. Which serve no purpose other than to get hi. They are highly addictive and very easy to od on and should never be made legal. But if you get your wish you better hope the meth heads don't move in next to you. I promise you, you wont like it. And don't bother calling the cops it will be legal so there will be nothing they can do.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Admin

Quote:
I agree. But we are not talking about the same thing here. The topic was legalizing drugs. I am not talking about food or guns. In fact I am a huge 2nd amendment guy. I am all for any drug that has medicinal purposes. Go to the doctor and get a prescription. Like all the other legal drugs we have now. If marijuana helps PTSD fine go get a prescription. I don't have an issue with that. Where the problem comes in is with so called recreational drug use. Especially stronger drugs such as meth and heroin. Which serve no purpose other than to get hi. They are highly addictive and very easy to od on and should never be made legal. But if you get your wish you better hope the meth heads don't move in next to you. I promise you, you wont like it. And don't bother calling the cops it will be legal so there will be nothing they can do.
Clearly you are for the kinds of freedom that you approve of but not the kinds of freedom you don't approve of because normal people can't handle those kinds of freedom. Or can they?
Old 01-14-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
What is the moral principle the empowers the state with the authority to deprive a man of life, liberty or property for the act of possessing or consuming a product? If I possess pot or consume it, who is the victim?
Old 01-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Yes, you are saying the exact same thing as the folks who believe that making guns illegal will keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It won't. The places with the strictest gun laws have the highest gun crime rates. It is a fact. But, those folks still believe that making guns illegal will solve the gun violence problem, just as firmly as you believe that making drugs illegal solves the drug problem. You both have good intentions, but you are both dead wrong. And are arguing the same exact thing in the face of proof that it doesn't work.

THE METH HEADS ALREADY LIVE BESIDE ME! They are here! Your magic laws don't work at all, or they wouldn't be here!

They have broken into my house twice and carried off half my stuff. I wish I could legally kill them.

You keep missing the main fact-making drugs illegal has been a huge failure, and has led to a bigger drug problem and more drug addicts than there were before the War on Drugs.

Drug. Laws. Do. Not. Keep. People. From. Using. Drugs. I don't know how much plainer I can say it. I do not condone drug use. Drug abuse is a major problem. we need to find some way to fight it that works. Making drugs illegal has never worked, is not working now, and will never work. So how about let's quit focusing all our resources on raiding drug houses and locking up potheads, and find a real solution.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
Clearly you are for the kinds of freedom that you approve of but not the kinds of freedom you don't approve of because normal people can't handle those kinds of freedom. Or can they?
That's why I have a vote. And I would bet that if it was put up for vote by the citizens of Georgia to legalize, it would lose by a wide margin. I agree the Feds should stay out of State business but with the drug cartels and the gangs world wide that would be hard for a state to do. I think Trump is on the right path with the wall and tighter border security. I should help with stopping some of the drugs from entering the country.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
That's why I have a vote. And I would bet that if it was put up for vote by the citizens of Georgia to legalize, it would lose by a wide margin. I agree the Feds should stay out of State business but with the drug cartels and the gangs world wide that would be hard for a state to do. I think Trump is on the right path with the wall and tighter border security. I should help with stopping some of the drugs from entering the country.
It's really pretty simple.
Do you want everyone to have the freedom to choose what they do to themselves?

Do you think people should be personally accountable for their decisions and actions?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Question: would it help or hurt the drug cartels to make drugs legal? Honest answer.

Our drug laws are what created and are what fund the drug cartels and all the crime and killing that go with them. How many innocent people are killed every year by these people? If drugs were legalized, drug cartels would no longer exist.

Do we have a problem with liquor or cigarette or Pepsi cartels? Why not?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Question: would it help or hurt the drug cartels to make drugs legal? Honest answer.

Our drug laws are what created and are what fund the drug cartels and all the crime and killing that go with them. How many innocent people are killed every year by these people? If drugs were legalized, drug cartels would no longer exist.

Do we have a problem with liquor or cigarette or Pepsi cartels? Why not?
I'm sure they would take a pay cut but you wont stop them by making it legal. They will come up with a new more powerful drug they can sell on the streets. I have a question for you. Do you honestly think it is a good idea for companies to make meth and sell it to Americans?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I'm sure they would take a pay cut but you wont stop them by making it legal. They will come up with a new more powerful drug they can sell on the streets. I have a question for you. Do you honestly think it is a good idea for companies to make meth and sell it to Americans?
What companies are making meth?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTNKSNEMOR View Post
What companies are making meth?
I'm saying if you made it legal like some states have done with marijuana. Companies would make it and sell it to citizens right? So I am asking in your opinion manufacturing and selling meth to citizens is a good idea?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:53 PM

Richie, you joined this forum 10 years too late.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I'm saying if you made it legal like some states have done with marijuana. Companies would make it and sell it to citizens right? So I am asking in your opinion manufacturing and selling meth to citizens is a good idea?
I appreciate your passion on this topic, but I think you are conflating the issue between personal freedom and corporate business models.
To answer your question, if a company can make meth, as they can alcohol, it is still the individuals responsibility to buy that product or not.
If it is not a product the consumer will buy at the market price, they will not be in business long.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:01 PM

The Meth cooks I've know were not Rocket Surgeons. I think you can whoop up a Batch in the kitchen, like biscuits.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Speaking of new drugs crack only exists because of criminalization driving prices higher. The bottom line here is you donít believe in freedom and personal responsibility. You condone locking people in cages for victimless crimes and forcing taxpayers to pay for it. Just like gun grabbers want to lock people up for having guns even if they havenít infringed in anyone elseís rights. Youíre just as liberal as they are. You only disagree on which property should be banned.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Good idea relative to what? Thatís the point everyone keeps making and you keep ignoring.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:28 PM
Default ...

Attached Images

Old 01-14-2018, 05:59 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Is manufacturing and selling meth a good Idea, NO.

But then it is already happening in every imaginable setting. People are dying in the making and from the use. Would it be better if Meth was manufactured in a controlled environment and to standards of potency. Could the revenue from the sales be used to treat and rehabilitate meth users.

Add to that the number of addicts that will never occur because the revenue stream from the illegal manufacture is no longer there.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly think it is a good idea for companies to make meth and sell it to Americans?
Not really but they do right now. Methamphetamine (Desoxyn) is the 4th most prescribed drug for treating ADHD in children. It's also prescribed for narcolepsy.

I don't think children (or adults) should take amphetamines or similar stimulant drugs but that is for their parents to decide. Doctors prescribe meth right now and in many cases the government is paying for it.

Meth should be legal but I don't think people should use it.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
It is far better than having it illegal and having the meth head next door make it in his house. THAT is the part you don't seem to understand. You stated earlier that a person can not get drugs in jail. I know of a few prison guards who would say that you aint got a clue.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Official Political Forum Meme Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlashunter View Post
Speaking of new drugs crack only exists because of criminalization driving prices higher. The bottom line here is you donít believe in freedom and personal responsibility. You condone locking people in cages for victimless crimes and forcing taxpayers to pay for it. Just like gun grabbers want to lock people up for having guns even if they havenít infringed in anyone elseís rights. Youíre just as liberal as they are. You only disagree on which property should be banned.
And his opinions are only based on his lack of self control. He was an addict and now he's playing the victim card..
Old 01-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If drugs were legalized, I doubt if meth would be a hot, profitable product that would see mass manufacture. Meth and crack have become popular mostly because they are relatively cheap and easy-to-make at home drugs that are a response to other, less harmful drugs being unavailable or prohibitively expensive.