Vertigo

1gr8bldr

Causes and remedies? How long will this last?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Misaligned crystals in the inner ear is what I have been told .
there is a you tube video that explains and demostrates how to fix vertigo with a few exercises

GoldDot40

Always heard it could be caused by several things...including an inner ear infection. Doc will almost always prescribe an antibiotic for vertigo symptoms.

transfixer

I had it a few years ago after having heart surgery, because of some complications after the surgery my body was retaining too much fluid, some of which it was surmised ended up in my inner ear, it was very difficult to deal with for two or three months, once the fluid issue was resolved it solved itself. There is a maneuver you can do which helps to reset the crystals/stones ? in your inner ear, I remember them doing it once at the hospital, and we had to do it two or three times after I got back home, it will work, but you will get nauseous in the process.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Usually inner ear inflammation or infections. But can be from more serious reasons.

I assume you are having dizziness and loss of balance. I have bouts with it almost every time I get out in windy weather. Have learned to wear ear plugs.

You might want to google it and see how the symptoms you have relate to possible causes. You probably want to see a doctor if they persist or get worse.

1gr8bldr

I have had it mildly for 2 days now. Nothing like twice in past years that only lasted hours however was extreme room spinning.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I have had it mildly for 2 days now. Nothing like twice in past years that only lasted hours however was extreme room spinning.

I would see a doctor to figure out the cause and possible treatment.

Artfuldodger

Misaligned crystals in the inner ear is what I have been told .
there is a you tube video that explains and demostrates how to fix vertigo with a few exercises

I've watched those videos on Youtube. I think some chiropractors perform that procedure.

Lindseys Grandpa

Had it and went to Doctor. He gave me a prescription for something with a long name. Pharmacist gave me Dramamine said it was the same thing 1/10th cost. Mine was what he called positional vertigo so i guess there is more than one kind.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Had it and went to Doctor. He gave me a prescription for something with a long name. Pharmacist gave me Dramamine said it was the same thing 1/10th cost. Mine was what he called positional vertigo so i guess there is more than one kind.

You probably had BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.

My wife has chronic Vestibular Neuritis. She went through Hades until we found a Dr. at Emory who was an expert and diagnosed her. Every now and then she will get cocked up sidewise from it and she has some visual focusing exercises she does to get herself squared away.

GoldDot40

Something else to consider, sudden drops in both blood sugar and/or blood pressure can cause what you're experiencing. Back when I was in my mid-early 20's, I had to be put on BP medicine. They started me on a new medication that caused my BP to fall too low, too fast. I had to sit down and hold on to the arm of a chair because I was afraid I was about to hit the floor, walls and ceiling simultaneously.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I take ginger root ever day, haven't had it since (knock on wood)

Darien1

My Darlin' Companion has been dealing with it for years. Hers is of unknown origin and the exercises to reset her crystals/stones works sometimes but they also make her so nauseous it's a toss up as to which is worth. She bought a cane, got a handicapped parking permit and deals with it as a part of her life.

1gr8bldr

I did a you tube procedure, holding your head certain ways. I then noticed my right ear felt like it had fluid in it. It caused me to get extremely nauseated so I went to bed for the remainder of the day, however, I think it worked. I was feeling much better last night and today, going from horizontal in bed to vertical triggered no spinning. I think I am 90% better. I think the procedure worked

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I did a you tube procedure, holding your head certain ways. I then noticed my right ear felt like it had fluid in it. It caused me to get extremely nauseated so I went to bed for the remainder of the day, however, I think it worked. I was feeling much better last night and today, going from horizontal in bed to vertical triggered no spinning. I think I am 90% better. I think the procedure worked

I have a 88 year old friend that does that 1 time per month and hers has been much better.

T-N-T

My wife has Superior Canal Dehiscence

She was messed up really bad till they drilled a hole in the side of her scull and patched a hole.

Now she is "healed" says the Dr. Which means she only gets dizzy here and there instead of constantly, all the time.

But that condition is super rare

olewarthog

Had a severe case a few years ago. Caused by a viral infection. I literally could not even crawl. I fell over from my hands & knees. Never been as sick in my life.

Doc put me on Antivert for dizzyness & Phenagran for nausea. Could not drive for about 4 weeks until I could come off the Antivert. Wife would drive me to work with a sack lunch & pick me up on her way home from work.

Still have some lingering symptoms. Constant ringing in my ears. Some days are much worse than others for reasons I cannot determine. Have trouble walking in the dark. If I bend over too quickly or stay bent over for more than a couple of seconds, I get very dizzy. Have some balance issues from time to time.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I have a 88 year old friend that does that 1 time per month and hers has been much better.

This was after a doctor told her she and her children could do this manuever at home.
Like others have said,there are several different reasons for vertigo and treatment can be different for them.

Hunt&Fish

Dramamine Works

I get vertigo every now and then. I always have time to pull off the highway and stop. I carry a little pill bottle with dramamine pills or meclisine. Take a pill and it's gone in 5 minutes.