Bear hunting in North Georgia

Marlin_444

Ok ya'll after much hemmin & haw'in...

I am on vacation this week, got some meat for the freezer last day of muzzle stuffer...

bullrider has got me fired up to head to the mountains...

So fired up I took a pass on a trophy Armadilla!

Lets hook up at the shut down BP station outside of Helen around Noon to 1:00 PM on Friday...

Dana Young, give me a call (you have a PM) if you are available come join us, we will be hunting the highest point in the state of Georgia!

I am gonna bring my Brother-in-laws Pop up, sleeps 3; bring your ear plugs... Momma says I snore, but it don't bother me none!

PM me if you can make it, I'll send you my Cell #.

I am hunting my club all day today, but plan on heading to the house this evening for some Momma time, then headedback to camp Monday afternoon (Dental Appointment - YUK).

Now I gotta decide - 444 Marlin or 300 Win Mag Browning?

Yee Haaaaaaa!

Marlin_444

Hey All:

JNG and bullrider are confirmed for this weekend!

PM me and let me know!

Ron

Marlin_444

Bear Hunting NG

bullrider can't make it.

10-4 on the Family Matter...

Nick, my daughters boyfriend & his Pap are joining us!

See ya'll on the mountain!

Marlin, if you locate the land off of the wma on Highway 75 between Helen and the top of the mountain you can have some good luck at a bear. getting up the side of the mountain is a little on the tough side but if you do harvest a bear just get it started down hill and i promise it will outrun you. Good luck

bullrider

Banned
roll call for a bear hunt n.of helen for the 20th to the 27th who is in i could not get off work on marlins hunt but i do know so any body wants to go that is a safe hunter pm me or call me at (478)288-7916 lets get some bear ho ya dana please call me

ed'sboy

Bullrider, this weekend Swallow Creek is open for bear and I'll be there. I'm hunting Fri evening through Sunday evening but I do have to leave Sat for a bit for a basketball game, hopefully it is in the middle of the day.

bullrider

Banned
GOOD LUCK I DRIVE TRUCK FOR A LIVING SO MY TIME IS 20TH THRU 27 I'LL BE UP THEN BUT GOOD LUCK:shoot::shoot::shoot:

bullrider

Banned
I Can't Thank You Enuf Dana It Was Geat To Meet You And I Leared So Much Had A Great Time Thanks Dana

raynman

Anyone know what the bears are up to these days...food sources, elevation..? Heard some reports that they are still looking for those white oaks in the higher elevations and also heard that the drought has depleted their food sources and forced them down the mountains and toward the towns. Any clues.....? Also, we're going up to Cohutta WMA this weekend for the first time....any suggestions on where to start looking?

mbhawkins123

going on the cohutta wma hunt sat and sunday..
taking a buddy from south ga who has never got to hunt the mtns...i wanna try to put him on a bear but ive scouted several time the past few weeks and cant find the acorns...any one know if theres still enuff out there , or are they feeding on other stuff

North Georgia Bear

Not in that area! But all around the Fort Mountain Area of Gilmer and Murray counties. I see at least 3 huge bear every week in my stands. There are ALOT of black bear in that area. Sould be real good for you!

Marlin_444

It's not too soon to plan now!

Hey All:

Got them Mid-Summer wanna go hunting blues???

Hot Dang Son, I do!!!

Let's start a new Bear Hunting Thread...

I was looking at the Black Powder Season for Georgia and out of the "Clear blue sky" I got a PM from someone asking to go Bear Hunting!!!

Black Powder Season opening weekend!

Start planning now!

Ron

Attachments

• Buffalo_Family_1880.jpg
    Buffalo_Family_1880.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 224