One lucky dog and kayaker

applejuice

whoa!

G20

Banned
It was hard to make out a bunch of that video, but I believe the gator was going after the lure. A gator ain't gonna attack something bigger than it, if its "prey" can be identified by it. Of course, the news headlines made it seem like it was going after the boat or owner.

fishndoc

I read in another report about this that the fisherman had a yorkie dog in the boat with him. I've been told that gators love the taste of dog.
The gator was probably just wanting a light snack.

G20

Banned
I bet he never brings little Yorkie along again! A buddy was once removing a spinnerbait from a Bowfin, over the side of our canoe, in the swamp. I looked up and saw a big gator making a serious beeline for the canoe, and I told my buddy to "LOSE THE FISH"!!!! Good for us - he did.

B

breampole

Thats why I carry a Tarus Judge with me when I canoe around here in the river or ox bows. I think the 45 would do it assuming I had the chance to use it. Had gators try to get fish when inshore salt water fishing, were in a large boat and not a kayak or canoe. Never had one mess with me in fresh water--seen a lot of large ones. I admit its a bit worrisome when I see them go under. Long as I can see them I feel more comfortable; yet you know they are there and underwater in any ox bow you go in. True of the river too but more disbursed.

belittle2

Holy Cow . had to clean my drawers and was expecting it ,cant imagine it all nice & peacefull , then wham .:hair: it nearly got his leg. ned to call Troy landry and the boys .Ha Ha

pepperrocks

CHOOT HIM ! ! ELIZABETH....
x2
I would have had to change clothes.

56willysnut

Search that same video on you tube for a better action shots with the yorkie paddling in the water after the attack- just keep the kids out of the room plenty of cussing.

LanceColeman

Thats why I carry a Tarus Judge with me when I canoe around here in the river or ox bows. I think the 45 would do it assuming I had the chance to use it. Had gators try to get fish when inshore salt water fishing, were in a large boat and not a kayak or canoe. Never had one mess with me in fresh water--seen a lot of large ones. I admit its a bit worrisome when I see them go under. Long as I can see them I feel more comfortable; yet you know they are there and underwater in any ox bow you go in. True of the river too but more disbursed.

Buddy of mine showed me a pic of a monster shark trailing along behind a guy in a kayak and asked me what I thought of that pic. My response was, "Thats one of the reasons Glocks are water proof."