"It was THAT close" haha

Whats up guys. Long time browser and finally decided to join and share. This happened no to long ago. Broke through some ice in the Missouri River. Needless to say I sat there in aw, wondering how the heck im not dead.... 12", 15 lb barge clevis with a 10" wide strap attached to a 6"inch strap that broke. Lesson learned.

DSC05493.jpg
[/IMG]

rjcruiser

Can you expand on your story?

Went with some buddies to a buddies place on the edge of the Missouri River near St.Louis Missouri. Had a great time then decided to drive on the ice. Broke through ice about 3.5 feet of water/mud. Flooded the cab. Worked it back and forth for a few minutes then quit and it sat and sank in the mud. Had multiple people with decent sized trucks try and pull then that happened and we had flatbed winch me out.

BREAK'N WINGS

Im just guessing......well hoping there was alot of beer involved in the story.

Hahaa no time to drink. It happened late in the evenin and I was workin my butt off to get it out. The worst part was the drive with a busted windshield in the snow for 22 miles after we got it out.

rjcruiser

ahh...so the strap broke and sent the clevis hurtling your direction.

Wow...sank in 3.5 feet of water and it still drove home? I'd say your lucky to still have your truck and only come out replacing the windshield.

I didn't hook up the strap so I didn't know what they were using because with the ice and mud and water pushing im my doors, I had to climb through the driverside window everytime I wanted to get out then stand on the hood... next time i'll get out and trust noone with hookin my truck up. Almost cost me my life. When the clevis and strap went through the windshield, it felt like gettin punched in the face with 80 grit sandpaper.