2015 PSE DS Decree

leftystar

The bow is flat shooting, fast, accurate. Can I get more valley? Last bow I had was 70lbs draw 2014 surge shot it tons. With the decree Ive had to turn it down some where to 64 lbs 3 turns each limb. and its still wanting to jump sometimes. This thing is wearing me out! Can I get this bow to be more relaxed at full draw or is it something I gotta live with?

Kris87

Nature of the cam. As long as the cams are synced properly, there's not much more you can do. Just have to utilize back tension and keep it firm against the wall. If you do that, it won't want to take off on you. Just work on your form.

alligood729

Yep, that cam is more aggressive than the Surge, which is a single cam bow. If you cams are in sync, as Kris suggested, try this. What ever the draw length module is set on, move the draw stop ahead one hole. Example: if your draw length mod is on 28", move the draw stop to 28.5". PSE cams are all marked with letter designations for draw length, so it may be easier this way.....if the draw mod is set on the "F" mark, move the draw stop to the "E" spot. That's half an inch, and will give you a little more valley. Otherwise, you'll have to practice staying firm in the shot, and hard into the wall. The Decree to me is the best of the X force line since the first ones in 07, with the HF cam.....

alligood729

One more thing...the top cam has a limb stop to go along with the cable stop on the bottom cam. Make sure the limb stop isn't hitting before the bottom cable stop. That will surely mess with your valley if it's hitting early. I don't even use the limb stop on either of my Decree bows. They're pretty firm without them.

leftystar

Wow it feels a lot better! Very glad I posted.
What I done was took limb stop off. Pulled back no difference. changed draw length to B 29.5 which is crazy last bow was 28" but bow at full draw has good wall now and not acting like it wanting to jump at any moment. Had to adjust my sights a little but she is ready to go.

fishhunt05

Good to know. I think I might play with the draw on mine just a little tomorrow I'll move draw stops to one up.

fishhunt05

Way better on the valley with the recommendation. Had to resign my bow in due to it shooting about a foot lower at 40yards. Is that normal?

Kris87

Way better on the valley with the recommendation. Had to resign my bow in due to it shooting about a foot lower at 40yards. Is that normal?

Yes, since you put the cams out of sync some.

Kris87

Do you recommend putting it back the way it was?

Nah, I did a few Hoyts that way and they all shot fine. I did it to BlackEagle's Carbon Element before he left for Montana and it didn't change his POI at all. I would check a broadhead to make sure you're ok.

jt12

The set up with adjusting the draw stop doesn't un sync the cams or timing. It will affect draw length and let off but the bow will still preform great. This is a good way to adjust the bow for the feel that best works for different shooting styles. It will work on any bow that has adjustable mods and draw stops but keep in mind if you are at max draw length this method won't work.

Kris87

The set up with adjusting the draw stop doesn't un sync the cams or timing. It will affect draw length and let off but the bow will still preform great. This is a good way to adjust the bow for the feel that best works for different shooting styles. It will work on any bow that has adjustable mods and draw stops but keep in mind if you are at max draw length this method won't work.

I can assure you the cams are slightly out of sync. If you set the sync on a draw board where its supposed to be, then move the peg to the next longer hole, go back and check, the cams are slightly out of sync. Yes, it still shoots fine like this, but the bottom cam over rotates about 1/8-1/4". I've checked it plenty of times.

Again, not saying the bow won't shoot, as I've done some like this myself. Just want everyone to know what it does.

jt12

I can assure you the cams are slightly out of sync. If you set the sync on a draw board where its supposed to be, then move the peg to the next longer hole, go back and check, the cams are slightly out of sync. Yes, it still shoots fine like this, but the bottom cam over rotates about 1/8-1/4". I've checked it plenty of times.

Again, not saying the bow won't shoot, as I've done some like this myself. Just want everyone to know what it does.

Kris I can see by your post that you are very knowledgeable in your comments. I'm not saying that you are wrong at all but if we are talking about a two cam adjustable draw length bow with draw stops on both cams and the timing and sync are set. How can moving both draw stops the same change either. I have done this on several bows when I have had customer complain about the topic at hand, I never thought to check the sync. If this is true can't you just adjust to set sync. Again not trying to say your wrong but instead I value your experience and I'm always interested in learning. Thanks for your input.

Kris87

Kris I can see by your post that you are very knowledgeable in your comments. I'm not saying that you are wrong at all but if we are talking about a two cam adjustable draw length bow with draw stops on both cams and the timing and sync are set. How can moving both draw stops the same change either. I have done this on several bows when I have had customer complain about the topic at hand, I never thought to check the sync. If this is true can't you just adjust to set sync. Again not trying to say your wrong but instead I value your experience and I'm always interested in learning. Thanks for your input.

No worries. Sure, if you have a dual cam bow that has adjustable stops, top and bottom, you can move the stops, get a longer DL, and increase the valley, and the cams will still be in sync. On hybrid cam bows, like this one, and all Hoyts, the top stop isn't normally adjustable. I know its not on Hoyts, as the stop is part of the draw length module. On the bottom cam, it uses a peg, which is able to be moved. When you move it, it does the same as what you do on a dual cam, it makes the DL slightly longer, over rotates that cam only, but it doesn't affect the top. It has a perceived increase in valley, but the cams will be slightly out of sync.

If this cam has an adjustable cable stop peg on the top cam, then move it too. I just don't know if it does.

Does it?

Kris87

Ok, I was unaware of that. Then you should be good to go. Still doesn't explain why it shot low then. As long as its grouping, and shooting broadheads fine, then let it eat!!!

alligood729

Even a half inch more could have affected your anchor, even if it's just a touch. May not be noticeable, but it could change POI. Like I said, I don't even use the top stop on either of my Decree bows. But then again, I didn't move the draw stop on either the dream season decree or the HD. Especially the HD, with it's 80% let off. I've moved it on my Evo though, and a couple of target bows. Makes it much more pleasant to shoot, if you aren't really an "into the back wall hard" shooter..