2nd fox, 1st kill

songdog

this is the second fox we've called in this year. The 1st we've killed.

Me and my brother took our dad tonite to call. this is only like his third time going. I think he was excited......

Called a pasture in Harris county at about 7:00 tonite. some rabbit distress followed by some lip sqeaks, 5 min later the little 17hmr at 15 yards layed him out!

Attachments

• medandad (510 x 686).jpg
    medandad (510 x 686).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 257

songdog

thanx Lamar, glad to see somebody liked him....

Will, dont be mad smoove daddy already got the jump on you. When ever you ready to learn Ill show you.. for that matter, let Dizzle show you, he done had one in the cross hairs this year.....:D

GAJoe

Nice fox! Good callin'!

ngabearhunter

What light setup do you find works the best for you? Do you leave it on all the time? I'm gonna try to hit the NF up here in NE GA tonight.
Thanks

songdog

bearhunter, i have a custom deal on my gun. I started with an optronics night blaster 100yd light. SUCKED. I know what Im fixen to say is gonna sound jerry rigged but its actually pretty nice. I took the base that mounts the light to your scope and fabricated it to a 7in flat light that looks like a Hella fog light for a truck. took the 12v bulb out and put a 100w 6v in. took the light apart and painted the inside of the lens with a translucent model paint which we use to use to paint bulbs for our cars back when clear tail lights came out. like I said, I know it sounds rigged but it looks good and clean and out shines distance and the brightness of my brothers 350yd, by a mile!! Ill get you some pics so you can see it.......