Wednesday Night Supper

ryork

Have never foraged up much in the way of wild edibles, but have got chanterelle shrooms in abundance in several places on my property with all of the recent rain. Appreciate the response to my thread on here to positively identify them.

Cooked some up tonight in a risotto. Cooked down some diced bacon and then added some onion, garlic and fresh thyme before adding the chants. Then added the Arborio rice and reduced all the liquid down a few times and added more, then finished off with a touch of heavy cream and some parmesan cheese.

I had some boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. Pounded those out thin and dunked them in some buttermilk. Battered them in a mix of panko bread crumbs, flour, chopped fresh thyme, basic, parsley and rosemary and grated parmesan. Then dropped them in the deep fryer. In New Orleans, I believe they call that "paneed" pronounced "pan-aid".......

Attachments

• 6-25 (2).jpg
    6-25 (2).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 6-28 (1).jpg
    6-28 (1).jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 6-28 (2).jpg
    6-28 (2).jpg
    126 KB · Views: 186
  • 6-28 (3).jpg
    6-28 (3).jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 6-28 (4).jpg
    6-28 (4).jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 183

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Have never foraged up much in the way of wild edibles, but have got chanterelle shrooms in abundance in several places on my property with all of the recent rain. Appreciate the response to my thread on here to positively identify them.

Cooked some up tonight in a risotto. Cooked down some diced bacon and then added some onion, garlic and fresh thyme before adding the chants. Then added the Arborio rice and reduced all the liquid down a few times and added more, then finished off with a touch of heavy cream and some parmesan cheese.

I had some boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. Pounded those out thin and dunked them in some buttermilk. Battered them in a mix of panko bread crumbs, flour, chopped fresh thyme, basic, parsley and rosemary and grated parmesan. Then dropped them in the deep fryer. In New Orleans, I believe they call that "paneed" pronounced "pan-aid".......

Artistry on a plate, as always.

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
I'll play.

We are at our daughters house in NC for a few days. Fixins for a steak salad. A lot of this came from their huge garden.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 110

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Buttermilk pie.

Mz. R made a buttermilk pie at our daughters request. Almost forgot a pic! Last slice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

ky55

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Plate full of goodness!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

ryork

Lots of good looking stuff in here last night! I rarely make dessert, my wife typically handles that, but we need to try that buttermilk pie. Looks incredible.