Guilty or not guilty

Jcurtis4

So tonight while riding around my wife sparks the question " do you not fee bad shooting animals"? I told her no and went on to reply about food source , population control, etc but she never would accept that as an answer. She is not opposed to hunting and knows I will hunt until the day I die and that our kids will once we have them. And no she isn't liberal just tender hearted lol. Anyways what is you guys/gals thought on this? Anyone ever been get guilty after taking an animal or have any other justifications on why hunting is a necessity in society?

Jcurtis4

And yes I used biblical reference to justify hunting and she understands disease process that happens with over population too

Jcurtis4

That's the only reason I need too lol. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's not gonna stop me from doing what I do lol

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I love to hunt. I have been killing animals for nearly 50 years. But, if I ever kill an animal and don't feel a touch of sadness, I'll stop hunting, because I will have stopped being a hunter and started being a killer. It's not a bad thing to remember that you are taking something's life away.

ripplerider

I feel thankful for the bounty of antibiotic and hormone- free meat thats going on my table and in my freezer. I may feel a little tinge of regret for taking a life but I get over it quickly. I have a little ritual where I pray "If it be Thy will Lord" over and over if they run off after the shot then I give a prayer of thanks when I find them (hopefully).

biggdogg

I love to hunt. I have been killing animals for nearly 50 years. But, if I ever kill an animal and don't feel a touch of sadness, I'll stop hunting, because I will have stopped being a hunter and started being a killer. It's not a bad thing to remember that you are taking something's life away.

^^^This.

Although I've only been hunting for about 30 years... :bounce:

PappyHoel

My wife is the same way and she's by far not a liberal. We agree to disagree and I continue to hunt. She even wanted to watch me skin my turkey so she could learn how.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief

:cheers:

rydert

Blue Heeler man

yep....

So tonight while riding around my wife sparks the question " do you not fee bad shooting animals"? I told her no and went on to reply about food source , population control, etc but she never would accept that as an answer. She is not opposed to hunting and knows I will hunt until the day I die and that our kids will once we have them. And no she isn't liberal just tender hearted lol. Anyways what is you guys/gals thought on this? Anyone ever been get guilty after taking an animal or have any other justifications on why hunting is a necessity in society?

I'm also online with the way NCHillbilly explained his personal outlook. I will add one comment to Jcurtis4 about his kids and hunting. While most all of us dream of enjoying days afield together hunting with our children, that will be their personal decision when that time comes.

Both of my kids (girls, now grown) tried hunting a time or two with me, but never took to it. Both their husbands, however, killed their first deer while hunting with me and out of my 5 Grandkids 3 take turns joining me in the woods.

PappyHoel

I'm also online with the way NCHillbilly explained his personal outlook. I will add one comment to Jcurtis4 about his kids and hunting. While most all of us dream of enjoying days afield together hunting with our children, that will be their personal decision when that time comes.

Both of my kids (girls, now grown) tried hunting a time or two with me, but never took to it. Both their husbands, however, killed their first deer while hunting with me and out of my 5 Grandkids 3 take turns joining me in the woods.

I have 2 little girls that have shown zero interest in hunting. I would like for them to enjoy the outdoors like I do but I will never force it on them.

GregoryB.

I always feel sadness when I take a life. When I recover the animal I offer up a prayer of thanks. I will stop and move turtles and other critters across the road. Like NC I will stop hunting if I lose that feeling.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Anyone ever been get guilty after taking an animal or have any other justifications on why hunting is a necessity in society?

Nope.

rance56

co-sign

Bucky T

GONetwork Member

:cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Rock solid. ^:cool:

Gbr5pb

Like the animals and probably feel more of that little touch of sadness more for them than some people I have met!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
And the Hillbilly has hit another one out of the park.