Rut Map

acarver01

Ive searched this forum and Google and can't seem to find a decent rut map anywhere. Where would it be hiding at?? :huh:

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
do u have any idea how they came up with this map....does anyone think its right?? (or close)

Inthegarge

We were just discussing this today. here in the Northwest mountains they have it all wrong...I went through all my data and the "Rut" is always the week of Christmas. See the big bucks and shot my best bucks the week of Christmas along with a lot of my buddys.... Additionally, I have Does on camera who were still pregnant the last week of August...Figure it out....Our Rut is not in November...

solocam678

My county is pretty clos. Its hard to pin point it cause to much comes in to factor. Usualy always have my best luck a week or 2 before thanksgiving...always have.

dmclain1

My county is close, Jenkins. But it kicks in from opening week and lasts until first week of nov. for me, last year they had shut off by the second week

Buckbuster

I hunt in Harris co. and I checked the link to see when the rut was in alabama just across the river and it said it was Jan 15. I have never been able to figure that out, just a few miles from where I hunt.

childers

Its never that accurate. We i hunt it was in late november 2 years ago. Last year it was over by the first week of november. It just varies. The deer dont read books telling them when they are supposed to breed.

BornToHuntAndFish

Ive searched this forum and Google and can't seem to find a decent rut map anywhere. Where would it be hiding at?? :huh:

Here's another one from the forum by Catfish369: :D

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=567785

09-09-2010, 01:52 AM

Catfish369

attachment.php

Here's another one on the forum from 2005 from HighCotton:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=424700

10-13-2009, 05:47 PM

HighCotton

attachment.php

Last edited:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I can tell you from the research that Auburn University has done on Blanton Creek WMA in Harris county from the does brought in they have determined that the peak of the rut on that tract of land was Nov. 15.This research was done several times in different years and they came up with the same results.Not sure where the map came up with the 21st.

Lake_and_stream

We were just discussing this today. here in the Northwest mountains they have it all wrong...I went through all my data and the "Rut" is always the week of Christmas. See the big bucks and shot my best bucks the week of Christmas along with a lot of my buddys.... Additionally, I have Does on camera who were still pregnant the last week of August...Figure it out....Our Rut is not in November...

I agree . All the maps are off for the MW mtns. i saw more rutting last year jan1-12 then anytime in nov-dec.

Killdee

I hunt in Harris co. and I checked the link to see when the rut was in alabama just across the river and it said it was Jan 15. I have never been able to figure that out, just a few miles from where I hunt.

It has to do with where the deer were stocked from, some of Harris was stocked with Wisconsin deer and have a solid mid Nov. rut, Alabama I believe stocked Louisanna and Mississippi deer that have evolved to a late rut to give birth after spring flooding.Other parts of Harris and Troup recieved deer from other states and rut a week or 2 later.