Favorite hunting arrows?

coachT

What's the best hunting arrows these days? Time to get some new ones and I'm looking for recommendations. Thanks!

Curvebow05

Best for the money, Cabelas Stalker line. I believe they are made by gold tip, and can be had for $29 for a half dozen when on sale. I shoot them from the recurve and compound and have had no problems.

deerslayer0369

Easton Axis is my arrow of choice. Very tuff, accurate, deep penetration, and have never had one not shoot true! What else could one want?

deast1988

I like

Easton Axis/FMJ (5mm) Axis

Maxima Reds

GoldTip xt hunters

I agree with deast1988, and I shoot Easton Axis. I add in all the factors according to the weight and straightness I am looking for before buying arrows. According to spine, sometimes I add brass inserts for weight to the front.

Hunter922

For me, Gold Tip Velocity Pro 340's.. Lots of good arrows from GT, Easton, Black Eagle.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Gold tip pro hunters.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
You'll probably get 100 different answers and in general you can't go wrong as long as properly sized for your setup. Personally I've fallen in love with Black Eagle Zombie Slayers and Carnivores and more than that I love the home grown company that stands behind them

davidhelmly

Another vote here for Easton FMJ’s, I’ve killed a buch of deer with them over the last 10+ years.

NBN

GoldTip Peirce have been great for me this season. Have used the GT Velocity Pros for years and have been very happy with them. That small diameter is where it's at with a hunting arrow.

Permitchaser

Easton XX75. Aluminum is all I use in 2512 weight. Yes old school but that's what my bow likes, goes through deer and sticks in the ground

mossyoakpro

You'll probably get 100 different answers and in general you can't go wrong as long as properly sized for your setup. Personally I've fallen in love with Black Eagle Zombie Slayers and Carnivores and more than that I love the home grown company that stands behind them

Same here but I have to take that hideous logo off of them...they are awesome arrows! The .003 are usually much better than that. Hard not to love a Georgia company!

bownutz

Depends on your set up. I shoot 70# 30.5" draw on a bowtech prodigy. I like to stay around 290 to 300 fps for tuning reasons. I shoot cx piledrivers. I'm at around 500+grains at 300 or so fps. Freight train with a hypo rage on the front. Nothing I can't hunt and bow is quiet.

Long Cut

Gold Tip XT's

I generally kill more trees than deer, but have yet to break a GT. Beeman's on the other hand.....