Frozen Bow?

Permitchaser

I'm not questioning your strength, but if you have cold muscles and/or are encumbered by thick layers, it could be difficult to draw the bow, regardless of how much practice you have.

I'm not belittling you at all, don't take it that way. But 26 degrees isn't that cold. Certainly not cold enough to have any impact on the mechanical operation of a bow.

You did not hurt my feelings but when I pulled that bow back it was harder than normal
I even shot it when I got home cause I thought the strings got crossed but it felt fine
I have an old Hoyt that only let's of 50% if that
I'll have to disagree about 26 not being cold. Its dam cold

ddd-shooter

Not that cold at all.
This year I killed a 8 point on a 10 degree morning. No problem pulling my bow, no problem with mechanics. Snow was still on the ground.
I even had it out in the big snow we had this year, which was a first for me. The sight kept getting filled up with snow and I had to constantly clean it off.
Still no mechanical problems-although water intrusion is the biggest concern in snow IMO.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I leave mine in the tree all the time, never had an issue. Left it overnight in iowa a few years back and had to break the icicles off my arrow the next morning! When I'm gonna hunt the same stand the next morning after an evening hunt my bow spends the night in the tree 95% of the time.

kevincox

Your more likely to have your release freeze up. Happened to me in Dec. If a big buck had showers I'd have been in a mess. A little oil and it was good to go again

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Noooo waaaay I’m leaving my bow behind.

I mean for real? Alright ya’ll finally got me hook line and sinker. I believed ya’ll were all serious this time.
Ya got me good with this. Hahaha. Good one. Usually I spot a fishin thread but, this one had me all the way to the end.
Leaving my bow in the stand. HAAA!!
I couldn’t sleep if I did.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Noooo waaaay I’m leaving my bow behind.

I mean for real? Alright ya’ll finally got me hook line and sinker. I believed ya’ll were all serious this time.
Ya got me good with this. Hahaha. Good one. Usually I spot a fishin thread but, this one had me all the way to the end.
Leaving my bow in the stand. HAAA!!
I couldn’t sleep if I did.

ha...I used to leave my gun in the tree back in the day too:D

Garnto88

Sounds like it’s time to invent bow warmers top and bottom limbs.