Check out a free preview of my Spartan

ihuntcatahoula

I have had alot of people ask about the Spartan GoCam..
I did this last year and decided to offer up access to one of my cameras again so you can see what it is like.. Follow the steps below and it will give you access to one of my cams as a guest. You wont have all the options that I have but you will get to see how it works.. Enjoy ( go to settings in the app and turn on download only when connected through wifi if you are worried about using data. The pictures are small and dont use much data so it really isn't necessary). Also may need to go to application manager on your phone and give the app permission to access sd card.

Go to the play store or the app store which ever you use and download Go Wireless app the logo is an white circle with orange "go".
Once downloaded open it and click Camera Management. Then click the "+"in the top right. It will ask you for Account ID type"485712603" without quotes. for access code type "1111".
Thats it you should be able to see the Camera Area 51. I just put it up on a new feeder location so not sure how many pictures it will get till they find it but you can see how it works. The camera sends a smaller image for you to view but it is plenty good enough for most things, but if you see a picture that you want a better look at you can click send hi res and it will send you a hi res picture the next time it takes a picture. This feature doesn't work as a guest so you wont be able to preform it but it does do it. There are a few other features that dont work in guest mode but it will give you the justs... Let me know if I can give you any more advice. Enjoy the pictures I will leave that code up for a while then I will change it back but that should give you time to play with it.

Last edited:

ihuntcatahoula

You need to go to app manager and permissions and give the app permission to write to SD card.

N

NantucketShedHunter

When is HCO going to get their server issues straightened out? I haven't been getting pictures from my GoCam for almost two weeks now.

ihuntcatahoula

They are switching to better servers and it has caused some issues with certain users. I only had an issue with requesting HD photos but I received all the photos that were taken. There was a message on their facebook page.. I copied it below

During the last couple of weeks, Spartan Camera has been upgrading servers. Some users have experienced temporary issues with the portal and the app. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

This server upgrade will enable us to better serve you by providing faster, more reliable service and enhanced features. The change was necessary to strengthen the infrastructure in hopes of avoiding problems in the future. We are working diligently with our engineers to resolve all server issues as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

If you have questions, please email our support staff at support@spartancamera.com

N

NantucketShedHunter

Thanks for that. I don't see anything about that on their main webpage.

ihuntcatahoula

No problem. May take a few days for the animals to find it. Got a picture of a cat last night and looks like the flash is to bright with the feeder so close. So I just opened the app and turned the flash down. Next event or picture when the camera talks to the server it will change the settings. No need to go back to the camera. Although it is right behind the house so I will prob find a tree a little farther away from the feeder to hang it in a day or two.

Davexx1

Thanks for posting the free access. The wireless camera seems to work well. Just curious, can you trigger the camera to take and send a photo whenever you want?

I am a Verizon cell phone customer now but their signal strength is not strong in the woods where I trap so I am concerned about its ability to function. Camera would be placed at one of my active trap sites which are usually under the tree canopy in remote areas.

Dave

ihuntcatahoula

Yes you can set it to to take a photo when ever you want. It requires it to be in live mode which keeps the camera synced to the server at all times instead of just when it takes a picture. This uses a lot more battery power. Most people that use this function use an external battery bank to prolong the battery life. I have never used this option so not sure how long regular batteries would last doing this. There is a function called scheduled events where you can set the camera up to do an event ( take photo, send status... ) at certain times of the day and that works for me. You don't have to have phone service with provider that has the best signal in your area. Find which provider has the best signal and buy that camera. They all have there own standalone plans for the cams.

I have 2 SR1-IR cams, 1 Verizon Blackout, 2 AT&T Blackout, 4 AT&T IR, and 1 older AT&T SR1-IR

ihuntcatahoula

They have a new firmware out. They change servers recently and you need to update the firmware to help. Some cameras had issues with the switch to the new servers..