Rattlesnakes

rexb

Iam looking for a place to go and catch a rattlesnake. Where have you seen the most rattlesnakes ? ie ( county or wma )

Hankus

seen most of mine on the road :bounce:

godogs57

We got ya covered...come on down to Lee County....will be glad to throw in a few cottonmouths for you as well as a whompus cat if you wish.

rexb

We got ya covered...come on down to Lee County....will be glad to throw in a few cottonmouths for you as well as a whompus cat if you wish.

Would love to if you are serious. We are looking to catch copperhead,cottonmouths,timber rattle, eastern diamondback rattle,and coral snakes. The last 3 are the most wanted.

Bkeepr

Lake Russell WMA is supposed to have lots of timber rattlesnakes. Encountered one myself last fall, scared the tar out of me!

ben300win

Lake Russell WMA does have quite a few timber rattlers. Would lov e for you to go send them on a trip somewheres else. I shot one a few years back that was 40" long on the road. Ironically in the same area I was crawling after turkeys the week before. There is supposed to be alot near the end of the road when you pass the check station and take the first 2 rights. There is a camping area right at the creek there.

GA DAWG

Dawson Forest is eat up with rattlers. Specially on the Atlanta tract. I figure its cause of all the under ground crap there. I've killed a pile of them on it over the yrs. Copperheads to.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I am not going to pick them up with my hands ,going to use snake tongs. Then release it after some pictures.

May I suggest you contact Germag here on the forum in the proper use of how to handle one then. If your not careful, you`ll kill it with the tongs. He can help you a lot.

rexb

I been reading everything I can on the internet on how to do it. But I would love to talk to somebody that has done it before

donald-f

I been reading everything I can on the internet on how to do it. But I would love to talk to somebody that has done it before

Would you want a doctor that got his knowledge from the internet to operate on you? I think you should make a few trips with someone with experience and learn more about handling snakes before you attemt to go about it alone. It may only take one mistake. Some of the best snake wranglers still get bitten.
Just my 2 cents!:huh::huh:

rexb

Would you want a doctor that got his knowledge from the internet to operate on you? I think you should make a few trips with someone with experience and learn more about handling snakes before you attemt to go about it alone. It may only take one mistake. Some of the best snake wranglers still get bitten.
Just my 2 cents!:huh::huh:

I personally don't want a doctor operating on me. I want a surgeon. Just my 2 cents