New problem with posting pics...

Barebowyer

I have posted pics many, many times on here but all of a sudden I cannot. It tells me that a "security token is missing" and to contact the administrator. I have done that and after many days of waiting, it was suggested I "c;ear my cookies and cache." I did that and still no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I am using a MAC but unsure if that matters any.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I have posted pics many, many times on here but all of a sudden I cannot. It tells me that a "security token is missing" and to contact the administrator. I have done that and after many days of waiting, it was suggested I "c;ear my cookies and cache." I did that and still no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I am using a MAC but unsure if that matters any.

BareBowyer,
Check the file and pic size on one of the pic's you are trying to load. Most problems with loading pic's are due to file size too large.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
BareBowyer,
Check the file and pic size on one of the pic's you are trying to load. Most problems with loading pic's are due to file size too large.

This.^^^^ 99.99999% of the time, that problem is caused by pics that are too big.

Barebowyer

Thanks guys for the tips. I have compressed them and still get the same messages. I recently got a new cell phone with a different provider. I take pics on pone, email them to myself, place on my desktop, then try to attach from there. It has worked many times for me until now.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Test

Attachments

• Joes possum.jpg
    Joes possum.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 368

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
First, log off of here, then clear cookies. Then log back on and try again. If that doesn't work then your pics are still too big. 640x480 pixels is the maximum size allowed.

Barebowyer

I tried it with no success. I have no idea what to do....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would bet you the file size is still to big. Most of my pics have to be resized to about 30% of the original, then saved at about 35% quality in order to get down to a size that will post here. The newer cameras are very hi-res and take enormous pics.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
A) stop emailing them to yourself. Colossal waste of time. Get a free dropbox account and download the dropbox app on your phone. When you get home the pics will automatically be waiting for you on your computer

B) same thing everyone else is saying. Size matters. I use MS Paint to resize mine to a constant ratio pixel size. I take it down to 700 and the rest is history.

Never had the missing token message, but then I'm not on a Mac.

Good luck.

Barebowyer

Thanks for all of your help guys. Bama3 did a test pic for me and checked the size of the pic and he posted it above with no problems. I will have to look into the dropbox app suggestion. It is very frustrating considering I have never had an issue before. The only thing that did change is that the pics were taken on a newer model smartphone.

Barebowyer

If anyone who has read this post has any other ideas for me, legitimate ones, please chime in...thanks.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
If anyone who has read this post has any other ideas for me, legitimate ones, please chime in...thanks.

Tell you what. I'll send you my email address in a PM and you can email one of your pics straight from your phone to me. I'll check out the size / pixels and let you know right away where your problem is.

Also, is your phone an i-Phone or an Android platform?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
My I phone wouldn't post pics even after I resized them on my phone. I would copy and paste to get them to post. It's back to normal now. Never figured out what the issue was