Near death or out of body experiences ??

PappyHoel

I know that graveyard because my daughter is attending ung.

She's a smart kid (presidents list material in fact) and has told me on several occasions when we drive by that the graveyard is where the dope smokers hangout AND that 'they' say its haunted.

Just sayin that made me giggle and wonder when I read your post.

There was no dope smoking since I signed my papers to be a commissioned officer. Back then no one up there smoked.

nobullet

Check out NDERF (current experiences). They list over 4K near death experiences. Most are from the US but they have them submitted from all over the world. I have read most of them over the years and most of them follow a definite pattern. Very interesting and makes you think.

westcobbdog

Was talking recently with an old HS buddy who lives in AZ. He was telling me about a great book he just finished about this very subject and encouraged me to read it. Written by a Dr., I think. At an early age the Author had his sister die so he never saw her. The author nearly passed later in life in the operating room I think and later described to his family the beautiful girl who was awaiting him and showed him around heaven. Can't remember how long this person was near death but when he came back to life the description of his host in Heaven was spot on his never known Sister.

cramer

My Dad is slowly going home.
He has dimentia/alzheimers and is at the stage of not eating or taking his meds.
He has been talking about his twin brother and older brother who have both passed, being in the room a lot for the last few weeks.
In the hospital last week, getting ready to go to sleep, he looked at me and said " She just left the room"
He had been spitting his meds out as soon as the nurse left the room, so it was either the illness or he's seeing some spirits.
I asked who -he said "that lady who was there on the horse" and pointed to the corner of the room.
He told my nephew he was leaving two days ago, that his brothers wanted him to come home.

chase870

Possum Sox
I saw a real ghost with my Ex wife in the graveyard behind north ga college. We used to go back there at night during college, we lived on campus. Her and I both saw an apparition in a 1960s suit walk down the row of graves and just vanish into thin air at the wood line. The suit had a checkered pattern and the man was older. We both watched it happen clear as day, looked at each other and asked "did you just see that?". To this day I can remember it like it was yesterday. This was 20 yrs ago.

The weird thing about the whole event was the fact that we weren't freaked out. We both knew we saw something unexplainable.
I saw a woman in a night gown float across Ga. Hwy 60 right below the hospital late on Sunday night on my way back to campus after Guard Drill in 1987

Robert28

I dated a gal that was a nurse in the ICU and she told me many experiences she had. She said she experienced everything from a lady being in a coma for 3 weeks and right before she died she acted like she was burning up, literally on fire. She kept screaming but she wasn't awake. She also told me of a sweet old man who was dying of cancer and while she was in his room she noticed he kept staring at the corner and smiling(if you know much about stage 4 cancer you know the last thing the patient does is smile, much less seem at peace...that's what she said was so telling about that experience), she'd look over at the corner and nothing was there but the way the man was reacting she knew he saw something. She did say that if anyone didn't believe in the afterlife, to come talk to her because she'd seen too many experiences (both good and bad) to know we all go somewhere after we leave this earth.

Sargent

I guess this qualifies....

The father of one of my high school friends died pretty quickly after they discovered he had lung cancer (never smoked).

He was on his death bed. He had been pretty coherent but started to go downhill rapidly, going in and out of consciousness.

Right before he passed, he regained consciousness and was fully alert. All of a sudden, his eyes got really big and a smile came over his face. His last words were, "It's true!".

Then, he drifted off to sleep and passed.

hoghunter

1986-1987 I was an officer in the Army attending a course at Fort Levenworth, KS. Each year students and families were invited to tour the old military homes built in the 1800's. These old houses have a long documented history of being haunted...to the extent new arriving families are briefed on which ghosts haunt which houses and are told they have the option to turn down the housing. During my tour I had an opportunity to visit with an officer I served with for many years; he and his family occupied one of the haunted homes. He’d claimed seeing an apparition once as it was floating down a hallway. I didn’t think much of it until he told me his five year old daughter had complained about the man rocking in the chair in her room…the rocking man was keeping her awake and could he please make him go away. When my friend asked his daughter what the rocking man looked like, she said he was a bearded man wearing a dirty uniform…he didn’t talk, just rocked. What she described perfectly was the same spirit all previous families described…bearded old soldier; he especially was attracted to children and would frequently appear at night in their bedrooms. After leaving his house, I proceeded to another haunted home occupied by the post chaplain. The chaplain described the spirit that lived in the attic of his house as if it were a friend. Both these gentlemen were officers in the Army…one a Lieutenant Colonel and the other a Colonel (chaplain). They would not lie…it simply is not in their DNA. Also, the ghosts they described have been well documented for many years. Google Fort Leavenworth haunted homes…interesting reading.

More to the point of this thread, my wife’s uncle had an out of body experience after having a heart attack; his heart stopped for several minutes. He described the classic event of floating over himself observing the medical staff working on him. Later, he was able to describe the sequence of events to the doctors who brought him back. What moves my faith is the way his face lights up when describing the event…he has absolutely zero fear of death. He knows…

Lukikus2

Was riding in the bed of a duece and a half with fellow camper in N.C. on some logging road back to camp with the burgers and all in the back with us and a crazy counselor driving. He lost control, we headed into the woods, the guy in back grabbed the roll bar and I got behind him. We went thru the first three or four trees fine and it stopped and I didn't. Not sure what knocked me out but the rollbar rearanged my friends face. Hamburgers and ketchup packages every where. Lol Crazy thing. When I came to I was laying in a old cemetary.

darkstan

There was no dope smoking since I signed my papers to be a commissioned officer. Back then no one up there smoked.

I was a cadet at NGC beginning Fall Qtr. in 1973. Let me tell you, EVERYONE smoked pot and a CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored of a lot of students were using MDA.

Matthew6

Banned thug
almost drowned in class 5 stuff near the russian border in Turkey in 1987. fought current 2-3 mins. gave up. peace came over me. dislodged from rocks. floated. swam to shore. picked up and sent to base by friends never died; right ankle is soup. but didnt care if i died that day. just another piece of the puzzle i guess.

Randy

I had a heart attack in Dec. 2009. I was actually at the Med Center in Macon in the heart tower at my cardiologist. Well after telling me it wasn't my heart, they decided they would do a stress test anyway. I passed it with flying colors...no heart problems. But I started feeling sick...long story short 45 minutes later I had a heart attack in the office. They rushed me to the catch lab and found two 100% blockages which they Stented.

After getting over it, I went through a lot of depression. Apparently you can get PTSD after a heart attack? Who knew?

Anyway by June I was so stressed out, I thought I was having heart trouble again. Back to the cardiologist where they decided to do another stress test. We all laughed about how they tried to kill me the first time. This time I passed with flying colors again, but passed out 30 minutes later...off to the cath lab again!

This time I was scared...the first time I did not have time to be scared. But this time as I was being prepped, I was laying there praying to God not to put me through this again. They took me into the lab and nurses were running around everywhere, machines buzzing and I am laying there asking God to not put me through this....

All of a sudden everything went silent, no machines, people were gone, just total silence...the God says, "I already filed your heart but you keep stressing over it, so I am about to show you." Machines started buzzing, people walking everywhere. Nurse asks if I am ready and I said yes.

They gave me something to knock me out....but it didn't. The first time I was asleep but this time I could see everything. There was a monitor the doctors was looking at across the table. I could see it plane as day...he goes in and up my arteries. He says to the nurse, "No problems here, it looks as good as a heart can look." I woke up later in recovery where my wife begins to tell me that everything was good. I told her I knew that because I had heard the doctor tell the nurse that.

Doctor later comes in and tells me everything looked great. I said I know. He said "what?" I said I heard you tell the nurse that it looked as good as a heart can look. With a look of disbelief on his face he said I couldn't because I was out. Well I herd it. God showed me it was fixed.

Yea I still go through some depression, but for the most part, I have turned it over to Him.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I had a heart attack in Dec. 2009. I was actually at the Med Center in Macon in the heart tower at my cardiologist. Well after telling me it wasn't my heart, they decided they would do a stress test anyway. I passed it with flying colors...no heart problems. But I started feeling sick...long story short 45 minutes later I had a heart attack in the office. They rushed me to the catch lab and found two 100% blockages which they Stented.

After getting over it, I went through a lot of depression. Apparently you can get PTSD after a heart attack? Who knew?

Anyway by June I was so stressed out, I thought I was having heart trouble again. Back to the cardiologist where they decided to do another stress test. We all laughed about how they tried to kill me the first time. This time I passed with flying colors again, but passed out 30 minutes later...off to the cath lab again!

This time I was scared...the first time I did not have time to be scared. But this time as I was being prepped, I was laying there praying to God not to put me through this again. They took me into the lab and nurses were running around everywhere, machines buzzing and I am laying there asking God to not put me through this....

All of a sudden everything went silent, no machines, people were gone, just total silence...the God says, "I already filed your heart but you keep stressing over it, so I am about to show you." Machines started buzzing, people walking everywhere. Nurse asks if I am ready and I said yes.

They gave me something to knock me out....but it didn't. The first time I was asleep but this time I could see everything. There was a monitor the doctors was looking at across the table. I could see it plane as day...he goes in and up my arteries. He says to the nurse, "No problems here, it looks as good as a heart can look." I woke up later in recovery where my wife begins to tell me that everything was good. I told her I knew that because I had heard the doctor tell the nurse that.

Doctor later comes in and tells me everything looked great. I said I know. He said "what?" I said I heard you tell the nurse that it looked as good as a heart can look. With a look of disbelief on his face he said I couldn't because I was out. Well I herd it. God showed me it was fixed.

Yea I still go through some depression, but for the most part, I have turned it over to Him.

Wow! That's powerful!

dick7.62

Yesterday I talked to a man who had been in a wreck which had killed his fiance. He had died for 3 minutes before he was brought back. When asked if he remembered anything from the 3 minutes, he said a dog he had as a pet when he was a young child came and jumped in his lap. His deceased grandmother, whom he had never seen, came and spoke to him. He knew who she was when he saw her. He said it seemed like a very long time but everyone verified it was only 3 minutes.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Good friend of mine died for several minutes following a heart attack. He said he saw light and felt a peace good enough to not come back from. Said God sent him back for some reason, he's no longer scared to die.

GAHWY22

Banned
had a run in with some killer mexican cuisine once, nearly took me on the throne