Gator season coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

applejuice

Applications opened today , I just applied !!

biker13

Me and my son applied also.Thought he had 3 only 2 so he won't get one ,I am starting over.Got one last year with REDNECK1 and Boar Hog,most fun I had in a spell.If anyone needs a ridealong I got my gator license.If you do get drawn USE that tag.

groundhawg

Me and my son applied also.Thought he had 3 only 2 so he won't get one ,I am starting over.Got one last year with REDNECK1 and Boar Hog,most fun I had in a spell.If anyone needs a ridealong I got my gator license.If you do get drawn USE that tag.

My Son and I are going with REDNECK1 this year. Sure are looking forward to the hunt. I have 7 points and John has 9 so expect to get either zone 1 or 2. Will talk about it this weekend and decide which one might be best and apply for that zone. REDNECK1 likes both Lake Seminole and Eufaula. As dry as it has been this year and with the mild winter we had bet the "grass" in Seminole will be almost thick enough to walk on.

rdhood

have one point from year before last...just applied for second. I missed last year or I would already have 2.

Ah, well. You guys who have the points for this years hunt... have fun! I'll see you year after next....

Very important

Do not put a zone for a choice that you do not want to
hunt in.
And you do not have to put all 3 choices, all you have to
put the one zone you want to hunt in. :bounce:

donald-f

Do not put a zone for a choice that you do not want to
hunt in.
And you do not have to put all 3 choices, all you have to
put the one zone you want to hunt in. :bounce:

Also if you do not want to hunt this year make no selection so you will receive 1 piorty point.

archimedes23

Question guys, I only have 1 point so I really have no chance of being drawn this year. I was just curious in the format of the new quota system. It says wagered points, does that mean you lose the points only if you are drawn? Should I still wager the one point for a tag in the zone I want or just apply for the point?

ridgestalker

Just apply dont wager any points. Even if you did with one point you would not be drawn.The only time you will loose points wagered is if you are selected for your zone choice.An as others have said when you do have enough points just put in for the zone you want not a 2nd an 3rd choice or you will probably be selected for one you dont want if not drawn for first choice.If you would be fine with being picked for more than one zone than put a 2nd or 3rd choice.This applies to all type quota hunts.Dont wager points just to build point's an only apply for where ya want to be selected.Simple enough rite.

Question guys, I only have 1 point so I really have no chance of being drawn this year. I was just curious in the format of the new quota system. It says wagered points, does that mean you lose the points only if you are drawn? Should I still wager the one point for a tag in the zone I want or just apply for the point?

No you want lose any points, just not going to get
picked most likely do to how many people apply now.

System is luck of the draw,although you just have the
one point you can still get picked.

I got picked on the first try for zone 7 two years ago.

tgw925

I will have 4 prioirity points this year and I apply for zone 7. I believe I should have a 100% chance to be selected this year. Can anyone reassure me?

RockyS

With 2 points, should I not put in for a zone at all, or put in and just hope. I'm really unsure if I want to waste my points on a small gator. What do yall consider a meat gator? 7 foot? How much meat will come from a 7 footer? I would really like to take my own boat. It's an 1860 with a 75 merc, and a 75lb troller. Do any guides go with you to just help as far as landing the gator and processing it?

Info

With 2 points, should I not put in for a zone at all, or put in and just hope. I'm really unsure if I want to waste my points on a small gator. What do yall consider a meat gator? 7 foot? How much meat will come from a 7 footer? I would really like to take my own boat. It's an 1860 with a 75 merc, and a 75lb troller. Do any guides go with you to just help as far as landing the gator and processing it?

You can do ether one you want, if you don't get picked
you want lose a point. System only takes points when you
get picked. :)
As for a guide you can hire one and your chances of
success will increased 100%. Most guides provide all
the equipment and have year's of experience to draw on
to help you harvest your gator ( the size you want ) and
help with the whole process.
frydaddy40:D

Boar Hog

A meat gator is any gator that falls below the trophy size limit set by the guide. All gators are meat gators as long as the are healthy! Since the odds of anyone harvesting an alligator in their lifetime is so limited, any gator should be considered a trophy. :flag:

Trophy or meat.

A meat gator is any gator that falls below the trophy size limit set by the guide. All gators are meat gators as long as the are healthy! Since the odds of anyone harvesting an alligator in their lifetime is so limited, any gator should be considered a trophy. :flag:

Boar hog is right all gator's should be trophy's to the hunter.
Yes the guide does set that scale. It's up to you.
For me as a guide over 8' is a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.