New (to me) Redhawk .44 Magnum

marknga

GONetwork Member
My dad just gave me his old Ruger .44 magnum. He got this back in the 80's killed a deer or two with it. I will treasure it forever.
He put the Pachmayr grips and Burris 2X power scope on it.
I have shot 20 times or so at 50 yards off the bench, the pistol is way more accurate than I am.
Shooting some old ammo that he had, Winchester Western .210 grain hollowpoint. But will be looking for some new ammo.
Beautiful weapon.
Can't wait to put a deer on the ground with it.

Attachments

• ruger redhawk 01.jpg
    ruger redhawk 01.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,672
  • ruger redhawk 02.jpg
    ruger redhawk 02.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,652
  • ruger redhawk 03.jpg
    ruger redhawk 03.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,673

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
nice. I have one in stainless, but really like the blued ones

wolf3006

Congratulations !

frankwright

Sweet! I have a .41 mag redhawk stainless and have killed a good many deer with it. Great guns to hunt with and shoot.

deast1988

Looks good, very nice set up

Big7

The Oracle
Ruger is DA' BOMB.

Razor Blade

Sweet set up.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Sweet! I have a .41 mag redhawk stainless and have killed a good many deer with it. Great guns to hunt with and shoot.

I have a .41 mag also. I like the .44, but that .41 is a special gun

specialk

A mighty fine weapon....

Dub

Excellent handgun.

I like the way it's set up. You will really enjoy hunting with that gun.

Taking my Redhawk along on my next range session. I've gotta get some ammo for it.....was sorta shocked at the cost of how it's skyrocketed.

Alan in GA

I lik mine....

I bought one of the very first Redhawk 44's released. Killed a buck, shot it a bunch, and then made an often committed mistake....sold it.
Replaced it a few years ago when I found a like new blued Hunter version like yours. Nice to mount and remove a scope at will. Got a Tasco 3x on it now but also have a 2x-6x ready to replace the Tasco.