Some insight on revolvers

stabow

I posted this on rifles and scopes with not much activity was looking for opinions on the Tarus tracker in 44 mag good or bad .

frankwright

Good or bad is hard to say.
Do a Google Search "Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum Reviews" and most are favorable but there are always negative examples.
I have never had one but I had a Taurus 92C 9mm and two Taurus .38 snubbies and never had any problems with them.

Darkhorse

Stabow, I've always heard it said that the Taurus metallurgy wasn't in the same class as the Ruger SBH in 44 Mag. I've shot a few of the other than ruger brands and they didn't work for me.
I consider the Ruger SBH the top of the line in single action .44's. I bought mine in 1979 and except for the worn bluing it still runs like a new one. Take care of it and it will last way past our lifetimes.
I have seen these for sale recently in the GON classifieds and I think the Outdoor Trader also, for as low as $250. to $500. With prices like that it's worth taking a look at.

jmoser

I own lots and lots of revolvers including several big bores.

If you want an excellent and affordable hunting revolver look for a used Ruger .44 single action; great bargains to be had and the guns are indestructible. If you aren't picky about finish you can probably steal a blued one with some cosmetic issues.

I would not push hot loads in any lesser gun; even the S&W N frame is not nearly as strong as the Ruger SAs.