Butler Island

fullerusmc

So what were the numbers? Been hunting there on and off for years. Last year with the warm weather it wasnt worth the time. Got drawn for tomorrow and wondering if its worth the drive. Wish eufaula went to priority. It puts butler to shame.

colbygil

We went last weekend and did much better than I was expecting. After reading on here I would have been happy coming home with 3-4 birds, but ended up with a 2 person limit on teal. Most blinds around us had limits as well or close to it. That was my first time so I didn't know what to expect and the waterfowl forum had me a little down before the hunt, but I guess it's one of those things you have to try for yourself. Overall I had a decent experience, no sky busting or ringing hail calls around us, just seemed like experienced hunters. It must all depend on what blind you draw and who is around you. Didn't get a final count on birds because we pulled out at 10:00 but it looked like most people had a pretty good day.

stick-n-string

We went opening day and shot 16 which included a mallard, teal, ringneck and of course wood duck

emusmacker

We went last weekend and did much better than I was expecting. After reading on here I would have been happy coming home with 3-4 birds, but ended up with a 2 person limit on teal. Most blinds around us had limits as well or close to it. That was my first time so I didn't know what to expect and the waterfowl forum had me a little down before the hunt, but I guess it's one of those things you have to try for yourself. Overall I had a decent experience, no sky busting or ringing hail calls around us, just seemed like experienced hunters. It must all depend on what blind you draw and who is around you. Didn't get a final count on birds because we pulled out at 10:00 but it looked like most people had a pretty good day.

It's actually a pretty good hunt. most of the stuff you hear is just folks complaining. The same ones that fuss about the new guys, no ducks in ga, and so on.