Gunsmith in Augusta, Ga area

ldw308

I had Mr Lewis cut and crown a Savage heavy barrel rifle . It was a first class job.

tom ga hunter

Kenny & Robert don't do small jobs & Robert's wait time was 2 years when I stopped b his shop during the summer. John is not actively working in his shop & his brother is doing the work.

I have had good luck with Ace Amory off Atomic hwy. Al was the armorer at SRP until he retired a few years ago.

Knotwild

You might try this guy, he is in Warrenville, about 15 miles from Augusta. I have never used him. He posted on accurate shooter and says he is prompt, but he is moonlighting.

Sczesny Precision
803-226-4735

sczesny

You might try this guy, he is in Warrenville, about 15 miles from Augusta. I have never used him. He posted on accurate shooter and says he is prompt, but he is moonlighting.

Sczesny Precision
803-226-4735

Moonlighting? Wow. That could mean mean many things. Thanks for the post though.
-Ben
Sczesny Precision

Dub

Sczesny Precision
803-226-4735

He's a great guy.

I give him a strong recommendation and can vouch for him being a solid citizen.

Big7

The Oracle
Shooters Den

1040 Turkey Industrial Blvd
Watkinsville, GA 30677-2772
Highlights info row image
(706) 310-1234

Well worth your drive.
Best I've ever seen and that's a few.

Gun Smiths with a few "other" items.

Not the other way around. They are TRUE Gun Smiths.

I do NOT have any business interest with them.

Have used them several times with EXCELLENT results..

REPEAT: This is not a plug for me making a dime.
If you want it done right, at a fair price, take it there!

;)

Last edited:

olcop

It's about a 90 minute drive, but Adam at Dixie Triggers in Springfield is one of the best I've ever dealt with, I've done lots of business with him and not a single complaint---very close to HGY 21 on the North side of Springfield.
olcop

Non-Recommendation

Do not deal with Gradous as he has zero customer service skills. He cannot retain any assistants to deal with customers and his idea of customer service is to yell and issue ultimatums. Despite a spitefull offering of a deposit refund, he has yet to return my $3400 after two weeks.

ByrdShot

Gradous rifles in Hephzibah is the ONLY way to go. Very competent Smith that knows his way around a rifle. Great customer service thats second to NONE. Set up a appointment and he'll let you build your on rifle OR you can watch him build it! It's definitely a awesome experience to see YOUR rifle come together. Give him a call!

burkecountydeer

John lewis doesnt do the work any more its his brother brian lewis and I have heard mixed results about the guy. Had him accurize my 788 remington 243 carbine and I would say he did a decent job . I hear gracious out of augusta or Collier rifles out of millin do great work. I beleive Collier would be the cheapest route .

shotgun

I have used Gradous and he does outstanding work. He sometimes has a short fuse dealing with say people who want and ask the unbelievable. That being said do you want a great gunsmith or a good friend. His work is great and his shop is spotless and he was a Kenny Jarret student.

175rltw

BANNED
Joe Collier is the guy. I'd drive past all those others to see him. Plenty people can build you a half inch shooter- but seems like most of them want to execute there vision rather than yours. And really if I'm going to spend that kind of money and time dealing with someone- in addition to impeccable work and work ethic- I have to actually get along with them- I really don't give a dead rats clacker how well your rifles shoot if your a pain in the CensoredCensoredCensored, or you think your smart, or you think I'm dumb. Additionally You don't need to be autistic to build an accurate rifle.

sasmojoe

I have used Gradous and he does outstanding work. He sometimes has a short fuse dealing with say people who want and ask the unbelievable. That being said do you want a great gunsmith or a good friend. His work is great and his shop is spotless and he was a Kenny Jarret student.

As far as Roberts dealings with customers I can say he gets it honestly. His father is one of the best vetenarians in the CSRA, but he could be quite cantankerous at times.
If you want the best sometimes you have to put up with CensoredCensored.

175rltw

BANNED
would you enlighten me on your autistic comment ?

Pretty much a reference to Robert Gradous and how difficult he can be. Things are better over there now, but even so- I go see Joe Collier and his sidekick- joe gradous- Roberts son.

Collier rifles is easier and quicker to deal with than Robert is, though it’s better over there than it was. Robert has ALOT of irons in the fire and a mind that prioritizes things differently than most peoples.

Last edited: