Flying to the Atlanta Race?

RacinNut

Has anyone ever flown into the airport next to the Atlanta race track? My son knows someone that is going to fly us there on Sunday, my question is how far is the airport from the racetrack, is there any transportation from the airport to the track, or is it walk. I have been going to races there since 1973 but never really paid any attention to the airport. Thanks for the help.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Heck, the airport is located right beside the track property and it looks like from the airport office to the very "CENTER" of the "INFIELD" is only about 3000-3500 FEET TOTAL.

I can assure you that most people at the Charlotte Motor Speedway walk between 3/4 mile and 1 mile or more on average from their vehicle to the track itself.

Check out this link that shows an aerial view of the track and airport etc. Hope this helps you.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...fea4418eae5c7b14!8m2!3d33.389189!4d-84.328699

Greene728

It's literally right beside the track!

specialk

Tara field.....pretty sure they would have transportation...might not be free though...

ngadeerhunter1969

This close.

Attachments

• AMS.jpg
    AMS.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 320

ngadeerhunter1969

Heck, the airport is located right beside the track property and it looks like from the airport office to the very "CENTER" of the "INFIELD" is only about 3000-3500 FEET TOTAL.

I can assure you that most people at the Charlotte Motor Speedway walk between 3/4 mile and 1 mile or more on average from their vehicle to the track itself.

Check out this link that shows an aerial view of the track and airport etc. Hope this helps you.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...fea4418eae5c7b14!8m2!3d33.389189!4d-84.328699

Oops, beat me to it :flag:

Patriot44

Banned
Yup, right beside. You will have to walk through a camping section the boom. I think there is even a shuttle.

RacinNut

My neighbor and I drove to the Sat. races, but the flying to the race was fun, took off from Monroe bout 11:30 Sunday morning, got to Tara Field in 19 minutes and just landed, nobody in the tower, pilots just talked and informed each other where they were, walked in the racetrack, not far and looked at sounivers, got in our seats bout 45 minutes before green flag, watched driver introdutions, we watched the restart after the last stage and then left, got a golf cart ride back to airport, backed out and landed in Social Circle and got to my sons house with 52 laps left in the race, then the pilot could party. Fun time, racing was typical Atlanta, Go #2.

nickel back

My neighbor and I drove to the Sat. races, but the flying to the race was fun, took off from Monroe bout 11:30 Sunday morning, got to Tara Field in 19 minutes and just landed, nobody in the tower, pilots just talked and informed each other where they were, walked in the racetrack, not far and looked at sounivers, got in our seats bout 45 minutes before green flag, watched driver introdutions, we watched the restart after the last stage and then left, got a golf cart ride back to airport, backed out and landed in Social Circle and got to my sons house with 52 laps left in the race, then the pilot could party. Fun time, racing was typical Atlanta, Go #2.

that means it SUCKED!:D