?? for those who feed protien

Bellasdaddy1611

Me too!! I don't get to go and work like I wish I could due to my real job and husband and father duties, but I love putting in work and then getting to see the fruits of my labor. That doesn't even mean me killing a giant deer just seeing and watching the deer get bigger every year on trail cams is rewarding. I have always hunted but until i got my own lease in Harris and started trying to implement qdm I never appreciated it like I have These past two years. We still haven't killed a giant but the amount of bucks we had this past year were far more than the first and I seen more bucks from the stand. I really think this year is the year we put one of the big boys on the ground and it will have been 3 years of laying off the young ones and putting in the work with supplemental feed and food plots.
Not me, I enjoy the work aspect of it at least as much as the hunting! :cheers::cheers:

shdw633

Not me, I enjoy the work aspect of it at least as much as the hunting! :cheers::cheers:

I enjoy the tractor work and figuring out the placement of feeders and stands.....but the bag lifting and stand lifting and moving is getting the best of my back and knees. I still do it, but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to due to the pain that is now associated with it.

nickel back

might just me but over time I found out that mother nature knows what she is doing. Taking care of her can and will save you lots of money

Last edited:

oppthepop

Well friends my "release" from the working world is spent on a John Deere every weekend i possibly can. We have two farms in Meriwether - one is 243 acres and the other is 109. We started feeding Buck Muscle early in 2016. the results are remarkable to say the least. We use the powder form as raccoons don't seem to like powder on their nose! As far as total quantity, on those two farms from late february through early september last year we fed ten tons of the feed. And they ate it up - even to the point of licking the empty feeding troughs when the food was gone. We also plant soybeans and imperial whitetail clover as well as Big N Beasty brassica, but last year's drought killed everything we tried to grow, so we really poured the Buck Muscle to it.

Xfactor

Besides the Buck Boss Feeders, what are ya'll using for the protein feeders? Spinners, gravity, trough feeders? How do you keep the pellets dry so they don't get clumped up?

Thanks!

Bellasdaddy1611

Buck muscle is what we just started our deer on! When you say remarkable results. Do you mean in antler size, body weight, just holding more deer, or all of the above??
Well friends my "release" from the working world is spent on a John Deere every weekend i possibly can. We have two farms in Meriwether - one is 243 acres and the other is 109. We started feeding Buck Muscle early in 2016. the results are remarkable to say the least. We use the powder form as raccoons don't seem to like powder on their nose! As far as total quantity, on those two farms from late february through early september last year we fed ten tons of the feed. And they ate it up - even to the point of licking the empty feeding troughs when the food was gone. We also plant soybeans and imperial whitetail clover as well as Big N Beasty brassica, but last year's drought killed everything we tried to grow, so we really poured the Buck Muscle to it.

shdw633

Besides the Buck Boss Feeders, what are ya'll using for the protein feeders? Spinners, gravity, trough feeders? How do you keep the pellets dry so they don't get clumped up?

Thanks!

We took the spinners off of moultrie feeders and mounted gravity tubes on them for our protein and then use trough feeders for corn which we sometimes put a mix of corn and protein in as well. No spinners though.

davidhelmly

Thanks!

We've been using simple covered trough feeders for the past 10+ years and unless we get a really hard blowing rain we don't have any problem.

oppthepop

Hey bellasdaddy1611 we saw a jump in antler growth as compared to previous years, but the really amazing thing was the body size. My son killed a big eight point that dressed over 220. the jump was really noticeable. I highly recommend Buck Muscle!!!

catch22

protein

How much is buck muscle per bag and pallet?

Stick with what you are doing and feed as much as you can afford. You will see awesome results. One of the things we saw, after a couple years running protein, was the number of twins the does were dropping increased as well as the overall weight and horns on the bucks.

Ill probably get raked over the coals, but its like coke and pepsi......everyone has their favorite for a reason. As long as its 20% or higher protein and they like it, stay with it.

shdw633

One of the things we saw, after a couple years running protein, was the number of twins the does were dropping increased as well as the overall weight and horns on the bucks.

We saw that happen big time this year!! Seemed like nearly every doe had twins with her!!

Latest posts