Nascar, once a cultural icon, hits the skids.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Did anybody go to the Atlanta race today? If so was the crowd as big as said??

friend of mine went for the first time in many years and he said it was much smaller than the last time he went.

riprap

Kyle will get a high five from France behind closed doors and scolded in public.

Mr Warren

Banned
Agree x 2
Sillly lil Brian has done a number to NASCAR::::::::::::::::::::
Breaks my heart - what these jerks have done to the sport. I have totally quit watching it and that was the only sport I was ever interested in except hunting and fishing. Now - I read a lot!:(

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Only thing worse than Nascar is the NBA. I wouldn't know the difference if the never ran another race or played another pro basketball game.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Breaks my heart - what these jerks have done to the sport. I have totally quit watching it and that was the only sport I was ever interested in except hunting and fishing. Now - I read a lot!:(

It's not a sport now.. It's more like the WWE but leans more to the side of a soap opera..

riprap

Funny how the two fastest Ford's getting penalized this week. Hendrick needs a win.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
NASCAR is a southern thang. It doesn't translate to urban yankees and left-coasters. And when they tried to take away all the things that made it attractive to us and make it attractive to them, it quit working. NASCAR hasn't been worth watching since they took the Winston out of the cup. That was the big indicator of the direction they were steering it.

Just like the cars on the track, NASCAR management only turns to the left.

Robert28

Cale Yarborough lives one town over from me and owns a Honda dealership. You can catch him in there sometimes and talk to him, real down to earth country boy from SC. One of the greats!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Cale Yarborough lives one town over from me and owns a Honda dealership. You can catch him in there sometimes and talk to him, real down to earth country boy from SC. One of the greats!
They all were, except for Ernie Irvin. He was an arrogant butt.

I was fortunate enough to spend time in the Winston Cup garage back in the day when we were at Talledega and Charlotte and there wasn't hardly a bad one in the bunch.

I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for this bunch of snotty brat corporate drivers in the sport now.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I checked on the Sports Forum to see what people were talking about 10 years ago. The page I looked at had 10 NASCAR threads on it.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
NASCAR caused global warming.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Point I was making, was that NASCAR at one time was a major topic in the SF and now it is almost an afterthought.