Tips on roosting a bird the night before?

coastalredneck

I swear the property I've hunted for the last 20 plus years in Evans county has birds that tree hop.. They also almost never roost in the same area.. Weird compared to discussions I've had with other hunters.. Still manage to kill them but hardly text book style.. And rooster ain't roasted on these grounds.

horny1

One good thing about it is he may not gobble the next morning. If you heard him the evening before, he aint vury fur. Thats where your patience kicks in. Dead turkey. Put your foot on his neck and stop the flop they say cant be stopped

sowgabuckstalker

Great advice all around here and I appreciate the heck out of it. Think Nicks takes the cake though :lol

Cheers guys, not long now! GOOD LUCK!

01Foreman400

Staff member
I've had it work once or twice over the years. Don't really try it anymore. I'd rather not miss dinner.

tknight

Leave them ALONE,if you know where they roost just SLIP in in the morning your going to hunt and wait till he gobbles.Don't call,hoot are crow call unless he want Gobble in the tree,then hoot are crow call to make him shock gobble,I never call to a bird till I set up to work him.That my opinion at chasing turkeys for most of my life.But I'm sure others may will give you thier opinions.

This is my approach also, especially if you hunt public land. Good luck!