What's Everyone Totin' Opening Day

Rabun

Going with a pair of Benelli's Montefeltro's...12ga for my Son shooting 2 3/4 inch winchester 7.5 game loads and 20ga for me shooting 3" fiocchi 7.5 game loads. 1 1/8 oz shot in both.

First dove shoot for my Son so giving him a little more fire power. First time for me using a 20 ga...was either that or an 835 Mossy ultimag...I'm getting old so opted for lighter gun.

We will be around Montezuma GA and looks like the weather is going to cooperate :clap::clap::clap:

Safe hunting all :flag:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Going with a pair of Benelli's Montefeltro's...12ga for my Son shooting 2 3/4 inch winchester 7.5 game loads and 20ga for me shooting 3" fiocchi 7.5 game loads. 1 1/8 oz shot in both.

First dove shoot for my Son so giving him a little more fire power. First time for me using a 20 ga...was either that or an 835 Mossy ultimag...I'm getting old so opted for lighter gun.

Safe hunting all :flag:

If you are going for a lighter gun, then I would ditch the 3" shells. 7/8 oz loads are plenty for dove and if you want to step it up, plenty of 1 oz loads out there as well.

Heck, I'd give the 20 to your son as well, assuming he is younger. More fire power won't make up for lack of form and if he's getting beat all afternoon by the 12 it might not be fun for him.

Regardless, y'all have fun and wear them out!!!

Rabun

If you are going for a lighter gun, then I would ditch the 3" shells. 7/8 oz loads are plenty for dove and if you want to step it up, plenty of 1 oz loads out there as well.

Heck, I'd give the 20 to your son as well, assuming he is younger. More fire power won't make up for lack of form and if he's getting beat all afternoon by the 12 it might not be fun for him.

Regardless, y'all have fun and wear them out!!!

Agree...form over firepower wins out. He's 26 so plenty of stature for the 12 and he's got more confidence/experience with the 12 shooting ducks. I'll have a mix of 20ga 2 3/4 as well but thought I would start with the 3's first and see how it goes....based on my form the more lead I can sling the better:) We can trade guns if he wants to and will also have a 20ga condor in the truck for backup if we both decide to shoot 20's. I may need a Sherpa to get everything to the field.

Thanks for the advice!

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Winchester 1400 20 gauge and 7/8 ounce 8s did the job.