chickasawhatchee quail quota hunt/ need someone with dogs

poole93

I applied hoping to get drawn so me and the gf could go and had planned to buy a dog or two but with the hurricane i had some damage come up that needed fixing and forgot i had applied for ot and well i got drawn so was wondering if anyone on here who has dogs would wanna go with us, its in febrauary

Mumpy

I'm interested - I have a 4 year Drahtharr and a 1.5yr GSP

mecicon

Well...it's one thing to have dogs and another to have good dogs...and even another to have good hunting dogs...and then another to have good hunting dogs...and then another that know how to point... and then another to hold...and then another to hold steady.... I could go on but I think you get it.

Last edited:

coveyrise

It should be a good year at Chickasaw. I have been seeing quail everywhere in south ga. This year. Now if we can get some cold weather to keep the snakes away. Chickasaw is full of snakes. Be careful.

tom turkey 2x2

Chickasaw

The snake are why I am not jumping on this ! If this winter is like last I am not taking my dogs to Chickasaw on a hot day!

Coach K

Snakes!!

It should be a good year at Chickasaw. I have been seeing quail everywhere in south ga. This year. Now if we can get some cold weather to keep the snakes away. Chickasaw is full of snakes. Be careful.

Ol' coveyrise can sure find snakes!

Before it went to quota, used to hunt Chickasawhatchee quite often. Feb 3rd, my daughter got drawn for the Di-Lane quota hunt, though.

As far as lots of birds, though...... good luck and don't get your hopes up too high. It's not managed like the private plantations that C.R. is used to.

coveyrise

Ol' coveyrise can sure find snakes!

Before it went to quota, used to hunt Chickasawhatchee quite often. Feb 3rd, my daughter got drawn for the Di-Lane quota hunt, though.

As far as lots of birds, though...... good luck and don't get your hopes up too high. It's not managed like the private plantations that C.R. is used to.

I may have seen more birds today in one hour than I ever have in that time period. We have a LOT of really young (2-4 week old) birds out there now. We had a great hatch in September. This could be a record setting year.

maker4life

I may have seen more birds today in one hour than I ever have in that time period. We have a LOT of really young (2-4 week old) birds out there now. We had a great hatch in September. This could be a record setting year.

I've been blocking a place for the past four weeks and have seen tons of birds. Best numbers I've ever seen.

maker4life

As far as the snakes go, they're always a concern but you can't let them keep you put of the woods.

Wish I could commit to help but I'm sure we'll be hunting at work those days.

GAMHUNTER35

Chickasaw been doing quail rehabilitation going on 2 years now same as elmodel an a quail plantation borders both of them now